Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking for a late Giulia Spider Veloce for months with no luck...this Duetto is the first one I've seen that inspires real lust. It's amazing what the right color can do to radically improve the car's weak (again, to me) styling.

http://tinyurl.com/2pearc

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
:cool:Make sure you take your shoes off before steppin' in her:)

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
not a big fan of serious modifications, but it does look like it's been restored very nicely!

·
Registered
4,158 Posts
You guys have got to be kidding. A gold painted differential offset by sassy green brake cables? The car is hideous, an embarsssment, a perfect example of philistinery. Now I have a headache. I need an aspirin. :)

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
You guys have got to be kidding. A gold painted differential offset by sassy green brake cables? The car is hideous, an embarsssment, a perfect example of philistinery. Now I have a headache. I need an aspirin. :)
I am not saying I like it :eek: because I don't.....I like them the way they came. Having said that, from what I see, the quality of work could actually be very nice.....from an execution perspective. But to each his own, so if you like what you see, this could be the one

·
Registered
572 Posts
I like the look of the carpets....you could actually do something like that to lay on top of the orginal rubber, would protect the rubber as well...hmmmm

I like it!

The car is very attractive no matter it's state of originality

·
Registered
418 Posts
Feels like it's lost some of its "Italian-ess" :(

But looks like to well executed and will probably end up earning a quite high price. That said, I do like the colour (just not for a Duetto). Would look great on a... Ehh... Alfetta?

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
Do I sense a possible buyer:confused:

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh, that's cruel.

You folks into Hysterical Authenticity? Since there are thousands of bad Spiders in the world, making a few up like this hardly seems like sacrilege.

·
Registered
352 Posts
acura duetto

I think its nice, for a modern car. I saw a green one that had a tan interior once. They painted the dash top and pad with vinyl paint. It never lasts. I am assuming that is what occurred here. Was the vinyl painted, er . . . dyed?

Still, it ain't tacky like that 164 with the Ferrari stickers. It's nice, just not necessarily nice to the cogniscenti.

Whatever, look at my cars. I have no taste.

·
Registered
352 Posts
automatics

I don't do wind up windows either.

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
Good Execution of a Bad Idea

I agree with the others in that the mods have been very well done, but is now a "custom" car rather than a restoration. Not that there is anything wrong with that if it's what you want. The only problem will come when (and if) you want to sell. You will have to find someone with the same taste who is looking to buy when you are willing to sell. A more original car would have a larger potential buyer base. If you wanted to restore the car to original condition, you would have to remove enverything for the repaint in the (preferably) original color.

But if it's what you like, by all means make a bid. I'm sure you'll enjoy driving a Duetto (and it is a true Duetto) with the standing pedals and round tail.

·
Registered
523 Posts
I agree it may not bee the color scheme for all to enjoy….. but it does look like someone spent some time and was passionate about the project. Looks like they made it for themselves & were not concerned about what others thought. That being said I would bet the new owner will NOT stumble across unpleasant surprises.

I wonder what the BB will say when they see my GTV completed…. Kawasaki Green, Blacked out chrome and 17 inch MBZ wheels? :):)

T

·
Registered
352 Posts
lexus duetto

"Looks like they made it for themselves & were not concerned about what others thought."

Actually this is what I have always appreciated about Alfa owners (and most lotus owners) they permit modification without too much fuss.

It's the Austin Healey guys and Jaguar guys that bug. "I'm sorry, the hounds tooth weave on your wiring loom is incorrect. Pish posh. Another common mongrol."

Our guys are more interested in cars that actually drive as opposed to oxcarts.

Here is to tasteful mods and personality.

PS my Aztec has leapord interior.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts