Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For no reason - adjustment in all four directions for both exterior mirrors stopped working! Just dead.

Checked the fuse - bottom row and 3rd from the left if I recall... Another fuse or some sort of a relay somewhere...?

·
Registered
276 Posts
remove the panel that holds your mirror switch. Its held on by a screw behind the door handle. Slide the panel to the right and it'll unhook from the rest of the Door panel. Undo your switch and reconnect it. It should work again. Sometimes connectors need to be cleaned. Put the panel back against the door and slide it to the left til it locks, and replace the screw.

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
On a 1993 164L I had to remove, disassemble, clean and grease the switch. If you disassemble, be careful, there are several springs and contacts to keep track of. I think there are more threads about this switch.

·
Premium Member
26,992 Posts
For no reason - adjustment in all four directions for both exterior mirrors stopped working! Just dead.

Checked the fuse - bottom row and 3rd from the left if I recall... Another fuse or some sort of a relay somewhere...?
Where is your shop manual or owner's manual when you need it?

On 94-95 models mirror control switch fuse is F13 (fuse 24) bottom row bottom right fuse of G1 main fuse box. It is shown as for rear cigar lighter but also for mirrors.

As for you 91-93 164 owners, a point of info - the mirror control switch for 94-95 models is in center console not in driver's door.

As for 91-93 models the mirror fuse is F5 fuse in G2 aux fuse box above main G1 fuse box

·
Registered
4,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Steve!

Steve, I **** you not - my printed fuse-panel reference on the inside of the panel shows that it's the third from left - bottom row...

The car is gone now for a while, so I'll check it again, but I'll have it back again soon to replace the EGR finally. That fuse was indicated as towards the middle somewhere on that bottom row on the chart! I even checked the fuse to the left and the fuse to the right of it - none were to the far left or to the far right as I recall...

Did I read the bloody grid wrong by THAT much!? No...

Yes, yes - I know - when in doubt, read the **** manual, but I wasn't in doubt last night! Now the car is gone. Can somebody please post a picture of the fuse-panel grid on the inside of the knee-bolster / cover on a 1994 / 1995 24v car!?

·
Premium Member
26,992 Posts
In 94 owner's manual third fuse (21) from left in bottom row is cooling fan and cruise control.

Fuse 20 is power seats and fuse 22 is rear fogs. Fuse 23 is central door locks.

I do not have access to a 94-95 model 164 to see what decal on lid shows.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Have the same problem on my '91. I'm glad someone asked the question so I could get a start, that is, when I get the car back. Along with the seat heaters (no, I already searched and bookmarked the thread for that, promise!) this was the only other electrical system giving me trouble.

·
Registered
5,466 Posts
JJ I posted a 24V Quick Electrical reference Guide a couple years ago and I think Steve put it in sticky. Do a search for it -- its the most handy 24V guide I have and I use it all the time.. it is a PDF

·
Registered
5,466 Posts
oops here it is!! Print it out about 5 copies ; keep one in the car, one in your service manual, one on the garage refrigerator door, one on the bench, and one in the 164 file in your file cabinet

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts