Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi My Fellow Alfisti's

I'm the proud owner of a GTV 916 V6 3.0 24 valve for 4 years that has changed my life in the way I look at cars. I'm usually the type guy regularly scroll through most Alfa sites (AO, Aus Alfa etc.) and not post, hence my handle "Hombre Alfisti" the main reason for this was for me to finish upgrading my car before posting like a "newbie" and give out inaccurate information. I am by no means a "pro" when it comes to all things Alfa but I know enough now especially regarding GTV 916 where I can have a conversation and be to give knowledgeable feedback. I'm also the owner a Alfa 166 V6 3.0 (automatic) which I got at very good price which had a "Valve Pasta" as the cambelt broke on the previous owner. One the main reason I decided to join this forum is that I'm American Citizen (California Native) living in Sydney, Australia. I'm currently in the process of returning to Los Angeles early 2015 and I want to least take my GTV 916 with me! I'm aware of the import laws regarding vehicles BUT I'm also aware there's alot of misinformation and there seems to be alot of GTV/Spider 916's already in the US privately. From doing research it seems Alfa Romeo built the 916 with the intent sale them in the US before deciding to pull the plug selling vehicles in North America until recently. I'm of the understanding Alfa Romeo did all the safety and emission standards on the 916 to conform NTSA standards. I'm trying to confirm this and also trying to figure out who I need to contact at Alfa Romeo (US or Italy) to get a letter from them confirming the previously mentioned. If ANYONE here was been through this process or can point in the right direction please feel free to PM me would be greatly appreciated. I personally believe the GTV 916 should have been sold in North America and it's a shame that Americans didn't have the opportunity to enjoy one of the BEST sportscars ever made IMHO. Sorry for the long introduction post, I look forward to being an active member of this forum and be a positive contributor to OUR Alfa Romeo fraternity. God bless you all

1 - 1 of 1 Posts