Alfa Romeo Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Wow. All that "venting" and Edward and Robert are still so full of crap their breath stinks.

I think I'll go down to the DMV and tell the lady behind the counter "it's not f****g red you stupid lazy welfare queen! It's Rosso Corsa! ROSSO F***G CORSA damnit! GET A REAL JOB!!!" and see how far that gets me.

·
Registered
7,346 Posts
I find that the measure of one's attitude is directly proportional to the service you receive. I enjoy my experiences at the DMV. I do my mental and physical calisthenics before I go It's just like Forest said. One "welfare queen" (whatever that oxymoron means) sorted through a stack of plates on her own in search of an appropriate number for something as special as my car. She came up with 1NIZMAN...and title said it was red. It pays to be humble when you are in someone else's toy box. Never let 'em see you sweat like a bank robber when he demands the money from the teller. It will go down hill from there real fast.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Wow. All that "venting" and Edward and Robert are still so full of crap their breath stinks.
Well! You obviously don't recognize sarcasm. What grade did you make? And your posting is more objectionable than anything here. I expect the moderator to delete it.

R

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
I like Alabama.. It was the only state in the 50's and 60's who issued titles without even being present or proof the car even existed... and you could live in Alaska... All you needed was a make and Vin number. A new title was issued.
The good old days, many of us remember

·
Registered
718 Posts
Gee and I thought everybody liked government employees and civil servants . (I got my truck rego to pay in a couple of days I don't want to upset anyone in the Dept. of Transport as we call it here on the bottom of the world). :x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x a r s e

·
Registered
231 Posts
I have 4 cars, 2 of them Alfas.

Thus, over the years, I have spent plenty of time at my local DMV office (White Plains, NY), and aside from the last time, when I had to renew my license and was delayed because the computer system crashed (state-wide, I think) my observations have been positive: they have done a good job streamlining the process, and have employees whose only job is to make sure you have the right documents filled out and ensure that you are on the correct queue.

Twice, now, when registering a classic Alfa that came from a state that did not list the vehicle weight, the astute DMV worker asked where I got the vehicle weight listed on my application! When I showed her an online specification sheet for the year and model, she checked with her supervisor and then registered the car.

Another time, when registering my son's car while he was on an overseas deployment, I explained that he and his driver's license were on a ship in the Persian Gulf: the DMV agent noted that they are not supposed to accept a photocopy of his driver's license, but she graciously made an exception in this case.

Now, I have seen some ill-tempered DMV agents, but I have also seen a long line of clueless people with inadequate documentation who clog up the system and whose demeanor would try the patience of a saint.

We all have had bad experiences at the DMZ, but over the years, I think that my personal experience has been, on balance, more positive than negative.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I've only dealt with New York state DMV but in over 40 years of dealing with various DMV offices all over the state my experiences have always been positive.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts