Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just received my car title for my recently purchased Spider. When I applied for the title the clerk asked what color. "Avorio" of course is not on the checklist of colors. I described it as ivory or cream or light yellow. I guess these were also not on the list. The title says the color is COPPER.

I asked for a correction, but I'm not expecting one.

UPDATE: In defense of the clerk, I just looked at my copy of the original title application. It says copper and I signed it. Oh well.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,346 Posts
I like Alabama.. It was the only state in the 50's and 60's who issued titles without even being present or proof the car even existed... and you could live in Alaska... All you needed was a make and Vin number. A new title was issued.

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
One of my BMWs is Chamonix. The name comes from a town in France on Mt. Blanc. I just tell them white.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I took my title to the DMV and paid for a title correction. ($18) I told the clerk either cream or ivory was ok. Today I got my title. The color is listed as "cream or". not cream, not ivory, not cream or ivory, but cream or. I guess there are a certain number of spaces available for color and they were all used up. Oh, well. it's better than the original copper description. I'm going to let it stay as cream or.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The local clerk I have dealt with was very nice and tried to help me get the color designation correct. I suspect the "cream or" was the result of a data entry clerk at the state DMV typing in "cream or ivory", and the software ignoring all the letters past OR. It's probably set up to accomodate common colors [red, black, white, green, blue, silver, gray] which are all short words.

Saturday we bought a new Subaru Crosstrek. It's official color is called "cool gray khaki". The actual color is a light blue. See picture attached. I expect the title will say gray. I'm not going to worry about it.

Attachments

·
Registered
489 Posts
Since Avorio means Ivory, that's what I would have said.... but how many people want to look at your title to see what color they entered?

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
People who can't get a REAL job end up working for the government. It's the only way to get them off unemployment or welfare.
Government jobs ARE welfare. It's just a bigger paycheck and you have a daytime jail cell and a nasty boss. None of them are "real" jobs.

Robert

·
Registered
11,654 Posts
Government jobs ARE welfare. It's just a bigger paycheck and you have a daytime jail cell and a nasty boss. None of them are "real" jobs.

Robert
Harsh :). Imagine how bad things would be with out these people.

BTW: I now work for local government (in their IT department, so not directly) and yes it was an eye-opener, and very different. Still don't know why?, but they do a heck of a lot more than I ever thought ... seems potentially inefficient, but ... ???
Pete

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Although I complained about the DMV not getting the color of my car correct, overall strong title laws administered by the DMV have reduced auto theft and made purchasing cars safer. Who would purchase a costly used car without running a Carfax? And most of the Carfax data comes from state DMV's. Also the Salvage, flood, rebuilt and other addenda to titles makes passing these cars off as perfect difficult or impossible.

These "lazy government workers" have saved us untold millions. Buying and selling cars is a caveat emptor business and we need all the help we can get.

I'm sorry I started this thread.

·
Registered
11,654 Posts
I'm sorry I started this thread.
Don't be.

While I do not work for the DMV, or equivalent, we have all had our battles with "government department" bureaucracy so it is healthy to vent sometimes :D
Pete

·
Registered
7,346 Posts
Venting is only allowed through the lower orifice.. and privately unless you are in a Port-a-Let, Airport restroom, or a two stall gas station men's room. It has about as much of the same effect as venting on here. Makes the person venting feel better but the rest of us don't feel the exhilaration.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts