Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Romeo, Romeo; Romeo where Art is Three

Well, we are a total Alfa 164 family affair now here in Virginia Beach. Since Mar's GC Jeep lost cool A/C due to a LEAKING evaporator buried deep within the dash, we had to press our Rosso 93L into service for her to drive.

Shot some pictures earlier today of our pretty maids all in a row and also set up as an Alfa train at our beach house.

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Romeo cubed....

Looks like the Alfa assembly line! ......but you need joe's green one and my gray one to nearly complete the list. Blackie is unfortunately grounded.

Great show Steve.

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
that looks really sweet!

·
Premium Member
2,811 Posts
Those are some good-looking tails.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Very nice Steve...
You must have some free time on your hands to be starting these threads :p

I actually find the houses interesting to look at (though that yellow house next door is not so aesthetic, to my eyes) - interesting because in New Zealand we live mostly in single-level dwellings. Some people here (usually on a hill) have a house with two levels, but houses over there appear to be three or more storey - with external steps, so you must have a lot of space inside.

I like the patriotic flying of flags too - don't know why people never do that here. And that's an interesting lantern with a 'barber pole' - hard to miss that when reversing?

The silver 164 is especially elegant, isn't it. The lower body colour co-ordinates really well with the silver, and also I notice it's quite a warm silver, not the usual blue-ish silver of other executive cars.

-Alex

·
Premium Member
26,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Very nice Steve...
You must have some free time on your hands to be starting these threads :p

I actually find the houses interesting to look at (though that yellow house next door is not so aesthetic, to my eyes) - interesting because in New Zealand we live mostly in single-level dwellings. Some people here (usually on a hill) have a house with two levels, but houses over there appear to be three or more storey - with external steps, so you must have a lot of space inside.

I like the patriotic flying of flags too - don't know why people never do that here. And that's an interesting lantern with a 'barber pole' - hard to miss that when reversing?

The silver 164 is especially elegant, isn't it. The lower body colour co-ordinates really well with the silver, and also I notice it's quite a warm silver, not the usual blue-ish silver of other executive cars.

-Alex

Yes I concur my neighbor's house lacks some curb appeal. Wasn't quite so bad to look at when is was light gray but that yellow is the pits. I guess being the third gray house in a row was too much for them.

Our A-frame design is also 3 stories but was built before the big box houses went up around us so looks a bit smaller compared to them. We live on second and third floors but have garage and spare apartment down stairs for friends and visitors to stay.

Seem like we are the block of US flags as we have 5 houses in a row usually flying Old Glory. Some of us before 9/11 and 4 of us since most of the time.

I had some time yesterday because I was trapped in kitchen with computer thank goodness, when carpet cleaners did a number on carpets so I posted a bit.

I took 164 pictures earlier in the morning because I had to move cars as we had a dead tree removed so thought I would shot them lined up and in a row before tree surgeons arrived.

As for our little light house it is a replica of Cape Hatteras Light house in outer banks of North Carolina. It is no problem backing cars out as I have it in from end of driveway.

Here are a couple links about light house and the moving of it due to sea erosion:

http://www.hatteras-nc.com/light/

http://www.nps.gov/archive/caha/lrp.htm They mad a movie of moving it

As for Quik Silver 164 that is my daughter's and we had all three colors black, gray and silver repainted so top and bottom silver and gray may not be exact match to factory original but condition of clear coat silver was pretty bad when we got her the car. You might be right on bluish tint of original paint, as we have another 91 non-Quik Silver 164 right now that has a good condition original silver paint and it may be a little lighter with a bluish tint to it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts