Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Patrick Ottis was invited Saturday to show his 8C 2300 at a "Biscotti and Cars" thing they have at Poggio in Sausalito once a month. Bob Yeager, Ed Adams, and I trailed along in our lesser Alfas. I've followed this car on the road before, across the Bay Bridge to Hillsborough concours a few years ago, and it's like following a WWII bomber in terms of noise and volume of air displaced. So great.

We got started before sunup, Patrick oiled the supercharger, turned the key, and BOOM! it was running just like that. Onto 580, across the San Rafael Bridge, south on 101 to Poggio. Ed had Jay Lamm's old "Hammerite" GTV, Bob had his 2600 Spider, I had my Giulietta Spider Veloce. Nice little outing, so nice of Patrick to let us tag along.

Andrew

Attachments

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Thanks Andrew for the pics. Lovely. Like your description of the sound ...

When did Patrick acquire that 8C? It kind of looks familiar like a car that was entered in the 1995 Mille Miglia retro where I met Patrick together with David Love when they were running David's 6C1750.

·
Premium Member
21,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I don't know exactly, I would say 10+ years ago. I believe chassis is xxx 239, you could look it up or John or someone with numbers will probably chime in.

It was brought over from France (note the F on the rear fender), bought by a guy in Ohio who drove it home from NY in 1950 or thereabouts. He had an 8C 2900 too. Owned it til Patrick bought it. It was cream/beige at the time, when Patrick did body work due to some decayed framing etc he took it back to the original two-tone red. Patrick says car has never been taken apart fully; it's been painted, had needed body repair done, and he rebuilt the engine a couple years ago.

It won big at Pebble a few years ago, he has retired it from showing other than informal stuff like this, he uses it, takes it on the 8C drive. So great that he drives it, you can imagine the looks it gets on the highways. He fires it up and goes; no problems at all. My Spider and the other cars, we felt like the "chase planes" around it.

Andrew

·
Registered
225 Posts
Andrew you're right, it is the 2311239 bodied by Figoni.
In the Moore's book you can see the same French matriculation plate: 2205-RJ8.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts