Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Come join me at Willow Springs. I'm signed up for a track day with OTR (Open Track Racing). They're running the big track Sept 8th and 9th. I know Gifford has run with them and he set a scorching 1:40 lap time! I'm using this as a warm up for the Oct Time Trial since I won't be able to make the school in Sept. I copied their email below. Their website is www.opentrackracing.com.
Hope to see some of you guys there!
Roy.

OPEN TRACK RACING
Our next event is scheduled for Sept 8th & 9th, 2007 on the big track at Willow Springs. This will be our 2nd weekend event, and hopefully not our last. As a favor to me if you are going to attend the event please don’t wait till the last minute to register. The price for the event will be $185 for either Saturday or Sunday, if you sign up for both days the price will be $350. If you sign up in the last 2 weeks before the event the price will be $25 more per day , and if you sign up the day of the event the price will be $50 extra. Basically what I’m asking is for people to sign up early. I know sometimes it’s hard to commit so early, but please try. This event will be run in the same fashion as all previous events. We will have three run groups, beginner, intermediate and advanced. Each run group will get (5) 30 minute run sessions totaling 2 1/2 hours of track time. For all newbies or people who want to attend, we will have classroom instruction followed by on-track instruction. As always, all paid participants will get an all you can eat BBQ lunch and an OPEN TRACK RACING shirt. Please remember that all OTR events are open to all that want to attend, so please tell a friend!

Please help out by registering early! You can get all the information at www.opentrackracing.com , and yes we fixed the Pay Pal so it won't time you out anymore.

Thanks, Kailo

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Roy,

Your thread about an OTR event seems just as popular as the one I posted for the event I went to, I only got a couple of postings in the one I started. I'd join you, but you may have notices that I sold the racecar.

Be prepared for a lot of track time, five 30 minute sessions each day. It can get tiring, so if toward the end of the day when you're nearing a point of exhaustion, don't push it.

Be safe.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gifford,
Why don't you bring your Ford out to the track?
Ha! The last time I was at the Streets of Willow this was driving around:

He was pretty fast too!
Roy.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Right, I can see it now, hanging the backend out coming thru turn 8, and then turn 9, i don't even want to go there. Besides, if I put it into 4wheel drive, I'd have an unfair advantage.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts