Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just did something stupid and bought another car: a Fiat 1500 Cabriolet.

I just couldn't resist it, it was like an orphan. The PO had received it as a gift from his father 7 or so years ago and had been sitting neglected ever since, I had to rescue it.

The good news for me is that my brother is coughing up half the funds, and he might end up keeping it (the last thing I need is another car).

It is in great shape but it needs a few things sorted out and some TLC.

Are there any 1500 owners around that could help me with all the questions I will have?

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
I had one for many years. I was the second owner of a 64.
You don't say the year, 4 or 5 speed?
Anyway I think that they are quite underrated . Easily keep up with modern traffic and cheap to maintain.
I see you also have the very rare Pinnifarina hard top.
Be glad to help with any information you need.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had one for many years. I was the second owner of a 64.
You don't say the year, 4 or 5 speed?
Anyway I think that they are quite underrated . Easily keep up with modern traffic and cheap to maintain.
I see you also have the very rare Pinnifarina hard top.
Be glad to help with any information you need.
Thanks, it is titled as a 66, 5 speed

I will go over it in the next few weeks and post more pictures

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
I really like the coupe, a very elegant design. Never available in the U.S. The OSCA engine makes it even more desirable.

·
Premium Member
1,094 Posts
I really like the coupe, a very elegant design. Never available in the U.S. The OSCA engine makes it even more desirable.
Agree, that is basically a scaled Ferrari 250 GTE.
This car is a 1600S coupé, and less than 300 cars were made. Not because of its beauty but because this car was born to fight the Giulia Sprint, but in Fiat didn't realize that for quite the same price, people preferred to show an Alfa Romeo badge...

ScreenShot006.jpg

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Sure the OSCA engine brings something to the Fiat but really the Lampredi designed 1500 is not bad and much easier to restore and maintain. Some parts for the OSCA are NLA. There is about a 15 horsepower difference.

·
Premium Member
1,094 Posts
Sure the OSCA engine brings something to the Fiat but really the Lampredi designed 1500 is not bad and much easier to restore and maintain. Some parts for the OSCA are NLA. There is about a 15 horsepower difference.
Agree. The DOHC engine is an exotic unit but quite troublesome. The water pump only costs €300.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm looking forward to driving it a little and see what it can do

I will start going over it late next week and I'm sure I'll a lot of questions.

For now I know I'm having trouble attaching the hard top properly. Can someone tell me how it attaches from the rear or the sides?

Thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts