Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what the original shift knob looked like from a 1985 Spider Veloce? If you have photo's, please include them.

·
Registered
204 Posts
'85 Shift knob

The knob on the '85 Veloce tha I have has a plastic knob painted to look like wood. The paint wears off the top portion and exposes the white plastic after some use. I have no pictures but I believe that was the onlt knob used on Grads. and Veloces. I have one of each and both are the same.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I think the knob that was on my '85 Graduate when I acquired it was the original. It was a black rubber knob with the shift pattern embossed in the top. Don't know if the Veloce had a upgraded version. I still have it in a drawer at home and I'll post a photo tonight unless someone can do it before then.

Gene

·
Registered
99 Posts
I suppose you could buy one of those wood grain paint kits from Home Depot and then top finish it with polyurethane. Personally I would buy one of the nice mahogany ones from IAP. They are real wood to match the real wood on your steering wheel.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I did buy one from IAP. I am not sure if I am attaching it correctly. What is the taper down area on the shift rod for? Do I attach the knob there and tighten the set screws? If I do it that way the knob seems so high. If I push the knob all the way on the shift rod I can't get the ferrule screwed on. It would seem to be such an easy job.....ha, ha!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts