Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In reading through a couple of Picture THreads, GTV Threads, and GTA threads, I notice that at times they get a little dicey because some hardcore "original Restoration Only" folks get a bit opinionated when it comes to others taking there fine Alfa Machinery and improving upon it and making it at times even better than original. So... was thinking that it might be nice to have a RestoMod thread for the folks that enjoy tweeking their machinery a bit, and another Resoration To Orignal THread for those folks that can't bare to see how folks are reinventing their cars.?.? Just a thought.

Cheers
Sprintn

·
Administrator
13,449 Posts
There was a good thread started a long time ago to discuss suspension and handling tweaks/modifications to 105 series GTV's ... very interesting, that might be interesting to you.

I'll see if I can find it ... found it:The 105 Suspension Bible
Pete

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Psk.

I was really eluding to though... some of these folks on the bb taking so much grief because they are creating "GTA Replicas." When actually they are doing a resto mod and in more times than not... they are doing it even better than the factory did it using modern day technology. What's the problem here? THe factory would have done the same thing had they had the tools and assets available to them. I mean c'mon.... although I realy like these cars in there stock form and their race form... it's not like they are a Ferrari 250 GTO and are going to grap big bucks at Pebble Beach or Barret Jackson. But... they are a great looking car in both forms, oooozzzz heritage when you sit in them, and a great starting block for those who want to make them even better.

Cheers
Sprintn

1 - 4 of 4 Posts