Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Prodding with a couple of Xacto knives it seems to want to pop open. Can you even get a battery for it?

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope, there's a screw? I'm looking right at it with magnification and I can't see any screw anywhere. I mean, I believe you but I can't see the darn thing.

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
I was confused if you meant the key light, or the remote. The remote has a screw, the key doesn't, sorry for the confusion:(

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes I mean the key. So does it pop off and is there a battery? Because if there's no replacement battery there's no reason to open it and frankly I don't even know why I'm doing this because I really don't even need a key with a light anyway. This car is turning me into an anal nut. Why do I have this compulsion to make every frivolous amenity function?

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
It's been a long time since I've had one open. I forget how it opens, but the battery is EPX 76 is the ENERGIZER number.

·
Premium Member
4,761 Posts
hope this helps

cause we're Alfa anal, you'll get used to it. Hope this helps, mines an 89 and is euro so.... It slides open and pops. ciao, chris

Attachments

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
Yea, yea...that's it I remember now. Remove the key ring and the top...#1 slides off. Easy:)

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
JC, that's a wonderful photo. I too was eager to have this key light working but discovered that the battery never lasted very long, at least in my case, I wonder if there is a slight drain going on. I thought about replacing the conventional bulb with an led with screw-in base but gave up on that idea.

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Funny, mine seems to be the exact opposite of the picture. Also, after replacing the battery it seems as though my light bulb is burned out. Any place to get little bulbs or LED's like that? I mean I've already tossed four bucks into this thing, may as well go for broke!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Bulb available @ Volkswagen dealer. Paid $2 for mine. Then I sprayed contact cleaner thru the body of the key fob. Then carefully sandpapered all of the contacts, especially the one around the spring. Then make sure bulb contacts terminals. Put the thing back together making sure you don't miss align the little tab on the round plastic. When you press the button you will justify your anal issues. If not send it to me. Free labor only!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts