Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for the original fuel injector cutaway showing the internal parts.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Andreas but the drawing shows the Spica pump cutaway. I am looking for the internal drawing of the fuel injectors, the one that appears at page 96 of the TEC Bible. Think are the same used in USA by GTVs and Spiders but no sure.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow! That´s it Mark! You just won the Alfa Montreal archeologist of the year prize.

Tell me, where did you find it?

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
Wow! That´s it Mark! You just won the Alfa Montreal archeologist of the year prize.
Tell me, where did you find it?
Surprisingly right here on the good ole' ABB with the help of Google:wink2: Click on the link in blue above and you will see comments and more photographs. Inside the black nozzle is a thin copper washer that you can not see unless you carefully remove it.
*This prize should really go to Ruedi as he taught me how to do a search!

Mark
Alfa Montreal Archaeologist of the Year *

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It was so close!
I am wondering if the Montreal injectors (105.500.404.100) are the same used in other AR cars, like the Spider. My injectors have internal parts missing and I need to find used one´s to take some parts. There are a couple of injectors right now at Ebay but not sure if fits the Montreal. Any help?

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
Edgar,
I believe that you can get injectors from Giorgio and or Wes Ingram. Wes does not differentiate between injectors for 4, 6 or 8 cylinder Spica systems, so I suspect they may all be the same. If you follow this link you will find pricing for 4 & 6 injectors but not 8.
Ingram Enterprises, Inc. || Price List

It does cost considerably more to have an 8 cylinder Spica rebuilt than a 4 cylinder but then I suppose it is twice the work but not quite twice the expense. There is also an email address for a Wes:sailor:, the Spica guru in the US. He is a good guy and has had an 'Alfa brain' for longer than I can remember.
Mark

·
Registered
154 Posts
Mark, here is the answer 4 years later: one of my injectors had a damaged component - the small black disc with a center micro hole in your picture - and I was unable to find a replacement or even to manufacture one. I sent a message to Wes Ingram and he immediately sent me one replacement disc over mail, for free. Now the Spica is back to work thanks to Wes support.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts