Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I HAVE AN ORIGINAL HIGH CAPACITY GTA JUNIOR ENDURANCE RACING FUEL TANK FOR SALE, HAS MONZA FILLER, CAME OUT OF 1967 1300 TWIN SPARK RACING JUNIOR, Purchased out of Germany, in 1989. had to install fuel cell to run in USA. (sorry GT JUNIOR LONG GONE)
would be great for a GTA, or GT JUNIOR restoration. tank is in excellent shape, can send pictures, if needed ( will have to take them, tank is on shelf in garage)
IT APPEARS TO HAVE ABOUT TWICE THE CAPACITY OF A NORMAL TANK.
NOT SURE WHAT IT IS WORTH, REASONABLE OFFERS CONSIDERED
email [email protected]
THE ROUGH LOOKING STUFF ON THE MIDDLE SEAM, IS WHAT IS LEFT OF THE ORIGINAL FOAM RUBBER SEAL BETWEEN TANK AND TRUNK OF THE JUNIOR, SCRAPES OFF EASILY, ONLY VERY SLIGHT SURFACE RUST, IN A COUPLE PLACES, INTERIOR OF TANK VERY NICE, READY FOR FUEL. TANK APPEARS TO BE APPROXIMATELY 15-18 GALLONS BODY OF TANK IS 13 inches TALL, FROM DRAIN PLUG TO TOP OF TANK.
FUEL SENDING UNIT/FUEL PICK UP IS MISSING FLOAT,( LOOKS LIKE SAME AS STOCK GTV, Plastic cylinder, that clips into float rod) SCREWS ARE IN TANK, ALSO YEAR OF CAR MUST HAVE BEEN 1968, not 1967, sorry, GT JUNIOR WAS ALSO A FUEL INJECTED EXAMPLE RUNNING SPICA RACING INJECTION.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
picture of gas tank, sorry it is cell phone pic, all I had tonight

I have more pictures of this gas tank, email me if you would like to see them

Attachments

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Endurance racing Fuel Tank

FYI, those oversize tanks hold 90 liters of fuel. They were listed in the Performance Options Catalogue back then.

OldAlfaGuy

·
Trained (ex)Professional, , 1953-2018 RIP,
16,232 Posts
Yeah, looked this up the other day in the GTA Jr parts book but forgot to post. Sorry.

Stock fuel tank is 46 liters. Listed as optional, with 10532 GTA part numbers, is a 60 liter and a 90 liter tank. Also listed with a 10530 GTA Jr part number is an 80 liter tank.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i would bet, it is the 80 liter tank, i really don't think it is almost 24 gallons, which is what 90 l. works out to be

1 - 9 of 9 Posts