Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Awesome - would love to see it scanned and hosted somewhere as a reference item, much like the collection of Ferrari owners manuals getting around.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi,
Its an awesome collection of instruction book. i also want to know from how long you have been keeping it for you and could we see it scanned?
Thanks for showing us such an antique.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's a 6" x 8" 21 page pamphlet with a wire schematic.

It was found last summer when Alfa West in Long Beach CA was purging factory and owner's manuals.

Scanning it would be the most sensible thing to do. Where would I put it electronically once it's scanned?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
11,892 Posts
There are 2 versions of this manual. The first, the original, appears as a reprint would, in short, it appears to be a copy. My research indicates that these were not provided with the "street" GTA, but were an Alfa shelf item. The second version is an admitted copy of the earlier version. These were available some years ago from various venders, but very often sold at Alfa club meets. It's quality appears slightly better than the original! It seems as though the rough edges and copied appearance of the original had some-how been scan corrected. The copy's paper and all markings are the same as the original, it just appears more "original". I bought my copy from Keith Goring at Alfa's Unlimited. My original came from AUSCA 45 years ago.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Guilia Sprint GTA , uso e Manutenzione

Have a copy that came with the book ALLEGGERITA
Stamped <Corsa Research. Reprint1994 , addition to Alleggerita>
in Italian,..

·
Super Moderator
11,892 Posts
V6 GTJ here is the reprint. I have the original in my car. As mentioned, the quality of the reprint as far as graphics, is superior to the original. Both are worthy additions for anyones use or collection. The color of my photo's is from artificial light.

Attachments

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,040 Posts
papajam, aka Jim, the AROC librarian, could keep it (or a scan) with the other documentation they have and send upon request.

·
Registered
296 Posts
original or copy?

There are 2 versions of this manual. The first, the original, appears as a reprint would, in short, it appears to be a copy. My research indicates that these were not provided with the "street" GTA, but were an Alfa shelf item. The second version is an admitted copy of the earlier version. These were available some years ago from various venders, but very often sold at Alfa club meets. It's quality appears slightly better than the original! It seems as though the rough edges and copied appearance of the original had some-how been scan corrected. The copy's paper and all markings are the same as the original, it just appears more "original". I bought my copy from Keith Goring at Alfa's Unlimited. My original came from AUSCA 45 years ago.
I'm confused. If the 1st version is a copy, what's it a copy of?
I am fortunate to have a nice collection of various instruction manuals including GTA, GTZ, Giulia TI Super, Giulia GTC and others that all at least appear to be "original". No intention of selling, but certainly curious about your description.
Thanks.
Gmack
69 Spider
74 GTV

·
Super Moderator
11,892 Posts
As a clarification, if you look at an "original" the print quality is not quite as good as the "reprint". Why? I do not know, but as I own both, as I assume you do as well, perhaps you might guess the paper quality of the "original" is not as good as the "reprint", thus causing the "original" to appear more like a copy, as the ink bled into the paper fibers. Again I do not know. The "original" of which I have seen several over the years, is not quite as clearly printed, as the "reprint". As such the "original" appears more like a copy, and less like the original that it is. Perhaps confusing, but factual.

·
Registered
567 Posts
If anybody is interested, I have both an Italian and an English original for sale:

Just drop me a PM when interested.

·
Registered
473 Posts
As you click on the link above the request price 'll pop up written in green.

In any case if you are interested make your offer, considering that these are pretty rare (AFAIK the only one actually for sale is at zagato-cars com for $499)

...and mine is better preserved :cool:

·
Super Moderator
11,892 Posts
But at the same time, probably not unreasonable!

·
Registered
567 Posts
and at the same time... somewhat... uh... *censored*... ;)

I offer 1 US$ which seems not unreasonable as a friend of mine got his manual for free when he bought his car.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts