Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Alfa Romeo Alfetta for sell

I own a 1978 Alfa Romeo Alfetta Euro-pec car, that was in the family from day one.
The car is in a rare condition and everything on it is original. Nothing is missing on the car and it looks new. The car was stored for a long time, most of its lifetime..
2 original set of keys and original paperwork, has 40,000 km.
This car has never been registered in the US.
This car is in a show room condition, nothing has been restored- all original.
There is no rust on the car at all and it's in a perfect running condition.

I am thinking about selling it so if you have any questions you may contact me as well as if you would like to see the car. Bids will be greatly accepted via email.
Amit
[email protected]
Los Angeles, Ca
818-472-7274

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaCPBjlMcyQ&feature=youtu.be[/url]

Attachments

·
Premium Member
16,244 Posts
Oh, my. I feel faint.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello my friend,
Hope all is well.
Are you able to help with a price range for this one?
Thanks,
Amit.

·
Premium Member
16,244 Posts
We had one just like yours, except metallic brown. We put 180k miles on ours, and enjoyed every mile. Very reliable. I think this one should go for a high price due to the limited miles and original condition. North of $10k?

Wouldn't hesitate to put a bid in, except we now have a very pristine Milano which we also enjoy, along with the 164s.

Good luck,

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
You say it has 40,000km but you're located in LA. Is it a US or a Euro spec car?

·
Registered
9,556 Posts
Welcome to AlfaBB, Amit!

I think it will be very important to know where and for how long the car was registered. Pictures of the underbody (especially the rocker panels) would also help.

These were terrible rust buckets -- that's why so few of them exist.

I've seen a rust free car (driven in rain only once!) with less mileage and in show room condition see change hands for about $1,500 because the owner wanted to make sure the car would end up with a collector who would appreciate it.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Wow. I would love to see more pictures!

I'm going to guess this is a Euro-pec car if it's a 1978. For 1978, the US only got the "larger" sedan with flush door handles, a rear-hinged hood, and front door windows without the quarter vent.

Either way, more pictures! :001_smile:

·
Registered
506 Posts
That looks I agree like a euro version Alfetta with those rear chrome bumbers.....is it 1.6 or 1.8? More pictures please! In the uk that body shape was not sold after 1977 because from 1978 on the larger sedan was sold with the squarer body shape and sptsdn also says the same for the US market so guess it is from somewhere else.

Regarding pricing a 1978 white Alfetta 1.6 sedan/Berlina exactly like yours sold recently at Artcurial in France with 13,741 and one owner from new for EUR11.324
Rétromobile 2014 & Solo Alfa by Artcurial Motorcars - Sale N° 2400 - Lot N° 533 | Artcurial | Briest - Poulain - F. Tajan

However I have seen in Europe similar quality cars priced above from dealers ....for the original 1.8 cars....all depends where you look

·
Registered
506 Posts
oh forgot that in the uk an original 1.8 was advertised recently from a dealer with 8,000 reputed miles from new for USD24K in dutch blue.

Tubut ...regarding Alfetta rust problems, sure they rusted but as a German friend told me who is member of the alfa owners club in london, when he grew up in the 1960s and 70s in Germany the bmw 2002s rusted very well as well ...as did many other german cars ...but the Alfetta and the Alfasud and the Lancia Beta were the ones the motoring press chose to highlight.
The Uk climate is, next to seattle in the USA, probably the wettest climate and my fathers sedan, bought new has been garaged all its life but used in the rain also and there is no rust at all on the car! Because of the complex maintenance of the Alfetta compared to the previous 105 owners they were discarded and many not maintained or looked after as they should so the many tales perpetuated wrongly about the reliability of the cars and their rust issues.

·
Premium Member
16,244 Posts
"These were terrible rust buckets -- that's why so few of them exist"

Not necessarily so. The 78 sedan we owned had 180k miles on it and it was rust free at that time, it being driven around in the Seattle area as a totally reliable daily driver. I think the 78's, etc were fine, but yes, the earlier ones, such as the 75 we had, rusted quickly, but then again it spent two years in DC.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We had one just like yours, except metallic brown. We put 180k miles on ours, and enjoyed every mile. Very reliable. I think this one should go for a high price due to the limited miles and original condition. North of $10k?

Wouldn't hesitate to put a bid in, except we now have a very pristine Milano which we also enjoy, along with the 164s.

Good luck,aa

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

I'm going to guess this is a Euro-pec car if it's a 1978. For 1978, the US only got the "larger" sedan with flush door handles, a rear-hinged hood, and front door windows without the quarter vent.

Either way, more pictures! :a]

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Either way, more pictures! :001_smile:

Either way, more pictures! :a]

Attachments

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Euro spec car.
Thanks. From the photos a 1.8 (rear bumper and tube style air cleaner). Looks very nice.

Assuming its a series 2 (as in larger grille and badged as an Alfetta 1.8) I'd say somewhere around $15k would be achievable with patience. $10k for a quicker sale. Just my 2CW.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
My first concern would be getting the car smogged in California because it has carbs as opposed to US market SPICA. No smog = no registration = no operation.

Price wise, its a $6k-$8k car here in California just based on the market. That is provided that the car is as described with no issues. If it can't pass smog then the value will drop to $3k-$4k. There are ways of getting it to pass smog, but the market is not strong enough to justify all the troubles.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
The last really nice Alfetta sedans I have seen sold were in the $7K to $9K range on ebay last year. Given that this is a Euro version, it might be worth more outside of California if the condition is really top notch. However, we need to see alot more pictures, particularly of the chassis and interior.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
At $3-4K I'd buy it and ship to Oz.......
Sounds like a sensible idea. The Alfetta market seems to be very strong everywhere with exception of US domestic market. I'm sure that one day that tide will turn... Just not sure when

1 - 20 of 24 Posts