Alfa Romeo Forums banner

41 - 60 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Congratulations!
Over here in Europe (The Netherlands) the first ones have been spotted 'in the wild'.
In my country 10 have been delivered, at the end of august our Dutch Alfa Romeo Club, the SCARB, will organise our yearly meeting on the Assen circuit (Spettacolo Sportivo Alfa Romeo 2008 - 30 & 31 Augustus). A demo with 5 to 7 8C's is expected to be held.
I will probably never be in the position to buy one so I hope the people who can will use these fabulous cars so we can enjoy them too.

Please enjoy your 8C during my holiday in California, maybe we'll meet :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Congratulations!
Over here in Europe (The Netherlands) the first ones have been spotted 'in the wild'.
In my country 10 have been delivered, at the end of august our Dutch Alfa Romeo Club, the SCARB, will organise our yearly meeting on the Assen circuit (Spettacolo Sportivo Alfa Romeo 2008 - 30 & 31 Augustus). A demo with 5 to 7 8C's is expected to be held.
I will probably never be in the position to buy one so I hope the people who can will use these fabulous cars so we can enjoy them too.

Please enjoy your 8C during my holiday in California, maybe we'll meet :)
If you are coming to Southern California and will be in the Orange County area... there is a show called Cars and Coffee every Sat morning that is a blast. I'll be bringing it to that show to let people get a look and enjoy too.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Sounds good. At this moment I'm preparing the details of our trip so maybe I can drive our rental RV over there by accident?:D I'm sure my girlfriend cannot refuse me a visit then.

Is it being held every saturday? (we'll probably be near Orange County around October 18)

BTW; take a look at this video -> Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione - ABHD auto video’s. Enjoy the sound!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Sounds good. At this moment I'm preparing the details of our trip so maybe I can drive our rental RV over there by accident?:D I'm sure my girlfriend cannot refuse me a visit then.

Is it being held every saturday? (we'll probably be near Orange County around October 18)

BTW; take a look at this video -> Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione - ABHD auto video’s. Enjoy the sound!
Every Saturday... It is an unofficial gathering of locals but great fun and you will see some great cars. A Gumpert Apollo showed up last weekend :)

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Like all who won't be so fortunate as yourself, well done and an extremely impressive 1st Alfa. I saw one mention of a web site on this thread re seeing an 8C in action. Another posting I recently saw was on Youtube, taken from Topgear where Clarkson took an 8C out onto their test track. He adored it claiming to be pure Art and good enough to be hung on the wall. The sound is absolutely spine tingling.

Can't imagine that many if any will make it to Australia but I would love to see one in the metal. Enjoy. Cheers

·
Registered
763 Posts
just read all 44 destined for the states are sold out.i could imagine throwing a fiberglass mold and fiting such a 8c body to the old alfetta type chass.not for profit.for love.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Congratulations on making the cut and getting (soon!) an 8C.

I had put my name down for an 8C Spider here in Japan but Alfa (with its usual customer service style) never bothered to contact me after they said they'd be in touch in mid May :(

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Congratulations on making the cut and getting (soon!) an 8C.

I had put my name down for an 8C Spider here in Japan but Alfa (with its usual customer service style) never bothered to contact me after they said they'd be in touch in mid May :(
Don't give up just yet. I am hearing they have not made final decisions on the spyder... and for the coupe they didn't give me a call until 3-4 months after they were supposed to have selected all buyers.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Well, I am hoping they'll let me know.

I even got someone I know to ask the head of marketing for Fiat Group here in Japan to "put a good word" ;) for me but she replied it was near impossible given Japan was going to get only 25 cars and the waiting list was longer than the one for new Ferraris :(

·
Registered
763 Posts
of course if you could get some publicity for fiat.....such as threatening to leap from a building in a high profile point in tokyo if they won't sell you an 8c.and have a friend phone the newspapers at the same time.i'm sure you'll get your 8c.so they'll take you in for observation for a few days.big deal.oh by the way.just threaten.don't jump.k'yusk'te.

·
Registered
229 Posts
of course if you could get some publicity for fiat.....such as threatening to leap from a building in a high profile point in tokyo if they won't sell you an 8c.and have a friend phone the newspapers at the same time.i'm sure you'll get your 8c.so they'll take you in for observation for a few days.big deal.oh by the way.just threaten.don't jump.k'yusk'te.

Well, I've finally got a reply from Alfa about my indication of interest for an 8C Spider.

We'll hear who's been chosen to buy the car in September 2008, after which a 30% deposit needs to be paid upon completion of a pre-order form. Final cost is about JPY 30m (~USD 270,000) with delivery in March 2010.

All info is for Japan, not sure about other markets.

·
Registered
4,631 Posts
Ordered and timeliness

Did they give a reason? Do you know if any cars have actually arrived yet?
Tell me, over the history of Alfa has there ever been a time line that has not been delayed for one reason or the other? Is this a surprise? Delay is at the top of their vocabulary list. Isn't that why we love them and what we expect....to know them is to love them.

41 - 60 of 69 Posts