Alfa Romeo Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Oh my. I "accidentally" bought some Porsche 924 477601031B wheels. I'll stick with the Hayashis for the moment, but now I have a spare set of 14s which is nice. I think they look a lot like Rotas, but with a little more visual interest to my eye. (No offense intended!) [Stock photo attached, don't have the real thing yet]

Attachments

·
Registered
530 Posts
Remember to stay close to factory tyre diameter or you'll mess up gear ratios.. Some fail to factor this and tyre guys are happy to sell you what they have. I've never seen a tyre salesman ever check factory sizes for any car ever...!! 24.2 inch top to bottom diameter
We check factory sizes and we generally encourage people to stick with Original equipment to keep the handling nice and light and progressive. Just the way Alfa intended 165X14 Pirelli Cinturato CA67

Pirelli will also soon be making a 185/70VR14 Cinturato CN36 for people that want to fit a larger tyre.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Maybe I'm in the minority, but I think that the wheels..chromodoro turbinos, or star are the best for the car. The Turbinos are very light..less unsprung weight...makes a big difference in the ride and handling. You pays your moneys and takes your chances... Turbinos really look fast on a RED spyder, especially when the roof is down, and a young blond is driving

·
Premium Member
3,854 Posts
I'm not crazy for the style (not bad), but don't like the gold. Here is a pic of a car in my area that has them in black. The color change would be an improvement if your purchase is dependent on the sale of these ones and if you can't get rid of them.
Those are riken rims. Popular aftermarket upgrade from the graduate steel rims. There fairly light. The center caps had a decal with riken on it but the decal tended to fall off.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Still haven't gotten around to taking a good picture... so this one will have to do. Please excuse the dog drool on the side. :wink2:

With the dip, they actually look much better and I haven't really been in a hurry to refurb the Porsche wheels or find some 15s. Still working on sourcing new center caps.

Attachments

21 - 27 of 27 Posts