Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The time has come to get Cecilla's Rockers de-rusted and paint re-sprayed. What would you think is a "reasonable" price range for this work. I realize that that's awfully vague, but I would just love to have more information than I already have. Not changing the color but staying with the Light Grey Metallic that the factory put on.

Thanks for opinions and thoughts.

Ed

·
Registered
705 Posts
The time has come to get Cecilla's Rockers de-rusted and paint re-sprayed. What would you think is a "reasonable" price range for this work. I realize that that's awfully vague, but I would just love to have more information than I already have. Not changing the color but staying with the Light Grey Metallic that the factory put on.

Thanks for opinions and thoughts.

Ed
Post some pictures of the rockers. No way for anyone to answer that without them.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Very nice. Thanks for responding.

I'll try to take some rocker pictures today. They need to be addressed, but they're not as bad as they could be.

Ed

·
Premium Member
801 Posts
Biggest problem with rockers is the drains get clogged and the area inside collects dirt. The
water fails to drain and the dirt holds the moisture and it rusts where the dirt collects.
Opening and cleaning is a big deal and finding the actual areas where the dirt collects making sure that it is cleaned out and drains are open. Lots of folks remove the kick plates on the rockers and drill some 1" holes that can be used to blow out dirt and you can also spray cavity wax or a like compound for inner protection. Always make sure the drains are completely open and youve blown out the dirt. Put a strip of duct tape over the holes and replace the kick plate. Every 2 to 3 years remove the kick plate and blow out the rocker cavities with compressed air and retape etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts