Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My favorite wheels for the spider are the momo vega and the Cromodora 'daytona's',. I have a pristine set of panasports that came as an extra set with my car and want to get some opinions of panasports vs. cromodora's, are there cost differences in the two, noticeable performance differences, weight differences, etc? DOES ANYONE WANT TO TRADE for my panasports or buy them so I can pursue the cromodora's? PM if interested.

I bought Tito's amazing '73 spider and as you probably already know - EVERYTHING assoicated with his car is in 'perfect' condition, I may be willing to take a not so 'perfect' set of Cromodora's in trade, since I will want to refinish them if not perfect anyway, but 'new' or 'perfect' condition is preferred..:cool:

·
Registered
532 Posts
Nothing looks better than a set of Daytona's on pre-75 Spider, which is why I've got a set on my '74 :) Of course, I've got the newer "replica" version, but they're still made by Cromodora, and I bought mine from OK Parts in Germany, back when the US$ was worth something against the DM (now Euro). I think I paid just under $700 delivered, which included nice center caps, stainless steel valve stems, and chrome-plated lug nuts.

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
My favorite wheels for the spider are the momo vega and the Cromodora 'daytona's',. I have a pristine set of panasports that came as an extra set with my car and want to get some opinions of panasports vs. cromodora's, are there cost differences in the two, noticeable performance differences, weight differences, etc? DOES ANYONE WANT TO TRADE for my panasports or buy them so I can pursue the cromodora's? PM if interested.

I bought Tito's amazing '73 spider and as you probably already know - EVERYTHING assoicated with his car is in 'perfect' condition, I may be willing to take a not so 'perfect' set of Cromodora's in trade, since I will want to refinish them if not perfect anyway, but 'new' or 'perfect' condition is preferred..:cool:
You can get new Cromodoras from Centerline, and Joe (ask for him) is very knowledgeable in the subject of wheels... I don't know what the Cromodoras weigh, but the OEM Campagnolo Daytonas weigh 12 lbs each!

Best regards,

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I am guessing from reading the threads that there are more than a few people who prefer the panasport's to the early 'original' lightweight magnesium Cromodora's (correct offset of course), which is exactly what I am looking for. I have already been contacted by one and am hoping he has what I am looking for and the deal could be done that easy. My panasports are in literal perfect condition, they are, for anyone looking for those wheels, definitely a 'score', I am hoping I am greeted with the same quality Cromodora's, but most importantly that they are structurally sound and cosmetic I can have done. Thanks for the all the prompt responses and Happy 4th! to Alfa lovers!

Here is a photo of the panasports...they look great.
http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/showpost.php?p=14235&postcount=55

I am already having second thoughts. Right now I have the original wheels on the car and I haven't even seen the panasports mounted.

Perhaps I am going to regret swapping!! I want to hear opinions on what the knowledeable Alfisti would recommend. I guess I have the ultimate set up right now and that is why tito did it this way - original wheels to take care of authenticity and racing/track lightweight 'panasports' for sporting, I better add a third set of wheels - the Cromodora's, but they really don't seem to 'belong'. I am a Gemini and this is what makes us a mess, completely scrambled brains, but good taste!!

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts