Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see these cars in Australia all the time. When I see one out of the corner of my eye, I do a double take, as I think I have spotted a 'Sud. Upon closer inspection, I see a Daewoo! (Or Opel kadett, if you are European).

Is it just me, or does anyone else think the syling is strangely similar to the Sud? It looks like GM may have stolen more than a couple of design cues! (or perhaps they are both styled by Giugiaro? :confused:)

Attachments

·
Registered
418 Posts
In Denmark, at least until a few years ago, both the Renault and the Opel were very common... But I don't see any resemblance what so ever.

Maybe it's because we are used to a large number of small European cars on our roads. I have difficulty in telling many American vehicles apart, but then again, they are very uncommon over here.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
In Denmark, at least until a few years ago, both the Renault and the Opel were very common... But I don't see any resemblance what so ever.

Maybe it's because we are used to a large number of small European cars on our roads. I have difficulty in telling many American vehicles apart, but then again, they are very uncommon over here.
I totally agree.

Never knew the Kadett was called Daewoo in some markets though, or was it like with the old Fiats that was sold as Vas?

·
Registered
418 Posts
I totally agree.

Never knew the Kadett was called Daewoo in some markets though, or was it like with the old Fiats that was sold as Vas?
- Daewoo bought the rights for producing the Kadett and there are a few of them on the Danish roads as well... I call it "Kia Kadett" :rolleyes:

·
Registered
536 Posts
Kia bought the the old assembly line from Opel and started building kadetts with a little facelift. This is how ti all started and now KIA is building cars......

·
Registered
418 Posts
i still get confused between the front end of a particular seris alfa 33 and an alfa 75
- The two versions of the 33 was made to look like an Alfa Romeo 90/75 at first, and when that became too old fashioned, they facelifted it to mimick the 164. Bit of a shame that the 33 never did get to have it's own identity, even the name was borrowed from an older model (but what a model!)*, and the hardware was also from an older model...

* Though I'm aware of this being an Alfa Romeo tradition...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts