Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought you may like this (purists and originality buffs look away now)

Flameproof clothing donned...

·
Administrator
12,572 Posts
Street legal, surely not?

I wish they would make an entire shell out of cf, that would mean less 105 coupes lost as donors.
Pete

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I see where you are coming from, Pete, but is the ‘problem’ you see ever likely to be that great, in terms of numbers?
My take on it is that a thriving industry, which includes some big spenders at the top level, helps keep things humming along for the rest of us.
Remember the bad old days of the ‘80s when parts availabilty (except for service items) for these cars was poor, unless you could hunt down NOS? Now you can buy almost everything.
The Alfaholics (et al) parts range is quite extraordinary, and growing, which I think is great.
If development and sale of things like this increase their ability to do that....I find it hard to criticise.
At a lesser level, I still just like what I see.

·
Premium Member
5,538 Posts
I have used the AH carbon doors, hood and trunk and was blown away by the quality of construction, correctness of fit and most importantly the performance. They are so much lighter than the steel doors yet at least as stiff. So much better than fiberglass or aluminum...

Congratulations to the Alfaholics team for their willingness to push the technology. To me that's right in line with the spirit of this marque...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts