23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,513 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1990-Alfa-Romeo-Spider_W0QQitemZ230172619297QQihZ013QQcategoryZ84154QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I just thought this is worth a laugh. BTW I am thinking about buying a 91+
spider. It will have to replace my 88 verde. No room otherwise. Anyone in the SF Bay Area willing to "loan" me a spider to drive for a day? You
can drive my verde as exchange. I just wanted to get a feel of how it is like driving one.
Another innocent victim . . . better learn how to block PM's and use that ignore list.:(

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
Whoda thunk it?

Then my spider isn't the one for you, it is S3.5, not 91, not 89, just in between, very weird ordering parts for it some times...
Weird isn't it, describing a 1990 vehicle as being "not 91, not 89, just in between". :confused::confused::confused:

I understand how some people could be confused by that model year description thingy that vehicle manufacturers use. :D:D:D

Couldn't you just order parts for a 1990 Spider? Maybe look at the manufacture date on the plate on the door jammer thingy?

·
Premium Member
2,811 Posts
Alfa seems to have "issues" making those kind of transitions.
Like the shift from 750 to 101 cars.

·
Registered
366 Posts
1990 Spiders

Weird isn't it, describing a 1990 vehicle as being "not 91, not 89, just in between". :confused::confused::confused:

I understand how some people could be confused by that model year description thingy that vehicle manufacturers use. :D:D:D

Couldn't you just order parts for a 1990 Spider? Maybe look at the manufacture date on the plate on the door jammer thingy?
Mine is also a 1990, but the manufacturing date on the door says 1989. Also, Alfa is known for not doing a good job with revision control as it gets executed on the shop floor.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Alfa seems to have "issues" making those kind of transitions.
Yup! I have the electric fans of a 91, but waterpump of an 89:eek: Transisiton, seemed to be, alright guys, we have these parts left over and we just got these new designed parts in-make it work!

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
1971, another transitional year, can get weird, too. Many of the parts listings go up to 1969 and then start again at 1972.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
1971, another transitional year, can get weird, too. Many of the parts listings go up to 1969 and then start again at 1972.
I don't feel sorry for you in the 71 aspect, you got carbs to play with! I'm stuck with an unprogammable computer where a new chip is $300+! You can play with jets and needles, I'm just stuck...I'm sure yours is very nice!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts