Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will explain the details later, but this Fiat Abarth 1300 is a very nice car. We will be getting started in the coming days.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Thats a nice fiat. Is that what would have been originaly called an "850" in its original form? Looks very similar, though I've only ever seen one up close. It was in good company anyway with the 360 CS below it.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Your right Scott. Next to many of the cars in our care, this is in fine shape. It has a few very minor issues, but gez, it is so cool! A few of the team members are hinting they want the job of restoring it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Net 1300. I have driven them and used to own a 1000 OTR in the 850 body. Wish I had kept it, (and a lot of others that I have owned). At one time I was a part owner of an Abarth/Fiat/Simca dealership in Glendale CA. Where did you find this one? Ron Johnston

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
I think there is a fantastic 1000 OTR in Orange County - I met the owner and the car (super low miles, I believe original, unrestored car, also red) - Very, very nice.

What are the major differences between the 1000 OTR and 1300 Abarth?

This thing got to go like stink. Makes me want my double bubble back ... or not.

Mike

·
Registered
13 Posts
The engine is a 124 engine. Gobs of torque, but the 100 reeevs a little better, with a nitrided crank, dykes rings, etc.. It was basically the D-production racing engine. The 1300 is a little heavier in the tail, and tends to act Porsche-like when pushed. Its a kick though. Do you know how to reach the guy in Orange Conty with the OTR? There was a Simca Abarth as well, that was a screamer. We had those and the Scorpion's as well as the "Lombardi's", that were like the Abarth Scorpions, with 850 engines, stroked to 1 litre. Wish I had kept them all.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Let me ask around at Cars & Coffee - he was a very nice guy and if I had a better brain, I would remember his name ...

Mike

·
Premium Member
2,076 Posts
There was a Simca Abarth as well, that was a screamer. We had those and the Scorpion's as well as the "Lombardi's", that were like the Abarth Scorpions, with 850 engines, stroked to 1 litre. Wish I had kept them all.
This beautiful Abarth Simca 2000 GT joined us for a local Alfa run in Marin County earlier this year. Sorry the photo's from my phone! :(
One of the coolest cars I've ever seen in person...:cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
That Simca 2000 is gorgeous--a stunning car. There was also a 1300 version, but the 2000 is at the top of the Abarth food chain. While the 1300/124 is a very sweet little car, it simply isn't in the same league in terms of performance, and there's a decimal point's difference in value. On the other hand, the 1300/124 is probably a lot easier to live with day to day.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Oops, time to update. The car is back from the blasters, and it looks pretty good.

We then got it in epoxy, allowed it to cure out, then started repairing the issues.

The car had a little rust repair in the lower section of the nose.

The front rail had a little rust repair that steven is fixing in this shot.

The repairs were made to the bottom lip too.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The car is at our race suspension shop right now. They are completely redoing the front end and brake system.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Wow, that's a nice little car even before you started the restoration. I'm going to make my own thread about my previous purchase,on the 27th of December. Mine is a little bit rougher than that :D

·
Registered
150 Posts
panel work proceeding

I've had a couple private email "how's the car coming along" inquiries. The suspension and brakes are all rebuilt and aligned now, and the panel work is proceeding. Sounds like there have been very few rust repair areas and mostly panel straightening. Here's the most recent photo I have. Look at all the cool projects going on, I have got to get up there and visit!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 93 Posts