Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,823 Posts
Well, what do you know - I always wondered what happened to the old girl and if she'd survived. Now I know!

I owned HE4766 for around 10 months back in 1980. She had been raced in the B&H 500 a year or two before I bought her and had been completely rebuilt so drove a dream. Came 3rd too if I remember right. But even then the body was starting to rust which is why I suspected she may not have survived.

Her are a couple of pictures from then. One of me driving it at Pukekoe (and there was a wing mirror then!), one of the B&H and general shot of the car. I have a few more - pm or email me and I'll scan them for you.

Alister

Attachments

· Registered
1,823 Posts
Seems like a few people have got a buzz out of this story. Every time I saw a picture of a Le Mans Blue 105 in NZ I would check the plates but of course it was always another car. So I saw Dean's avatar in a recent post, looked at his previous posts, and opened this old one thinking "oh well, better check" and what do you know!

Over the years I've had quite a few Alfa's, from 1750 Berlina's to modified GTV6's. But I can safely say that this is the car that sold me on the marque. I only sold it to travel to the UK and within 6 months of arriving back downunder I had another identical car, which I still own 27 years later.

Thanks for the email Dean - I'll get the rest of the pictures to you soon.

Alister

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.