Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Interesting. I wonder if teh laws allow one to buy a diplomats car and then the car is allowed to stay? I know that a diplomat can have a forign car here..so this question remains.

·
Premium Member
9,745 Posts
And he's asking $57k - they are around US$40k brand new off the showroom floor here in NZ.
I guess the rarity and it being "autodelta" means something? Autodelta to me means nothing but trouble same with the car in general. Good luck selling it. LOL!

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Autodelta? Where did you see that?
"Excellent running condition as it is maintained by a diplomat." Where's the logic in that claim?

Anyway, don't be too jealous about us other countries having the newer Alfas, because they suck. :|

·
Premium Member
9,745 Posts
Autodelta? Where did you see that?
"Excellent running condition as it is maintained by a diplomat." Where's the logic in that claim?

Anyway, don't be too jealous about us other countries having the newer Alfas, because they suck. :|
Sorry sorry! I mixed this one up with the autodelta 166 for sale. Nevermind. oops:p Been on medication for 5 days and it is making me nuts! I hate drugs!;)

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
... I wonder if teh laws allow one to buy a diplomats car and then the car is allowed to stay? ...
No, there are no exemptions for cars owned by non-diplomats. If you want to be able to register it, then it must have the proper papers from the D.O.T. and E.P.A. You could decide to just buy it and keep it until the car is historic (older than 25 years) and exempt from the regulations, but many times there are local ordinances that don't allow a person to keep a car that cannot be registered in a residential area, even if it is inside a garage.

Best regards,

1 - 8 of 8 Posts