Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While bleeding my brakes at the track over the weekend we could not push fluid out of one of the bleeders even when we took it out completely. The brakes worked but what does this mean? That there is a clog the line between the piston and the valve?

·
Premium Member
22,349 Posts
Which brake? If one of the fronts, the hose might be collapsed. Or it could be a blockage in the wheel cylinder or hard line. Try cracking the pipe and bleed inboard of the offending cylinder. If you get fluid there, the problem is in the cylinder.
Andrew

·
Super Moderator
12,007 Posts
Sometimes the ball behind the bleeder is forced so tightly into the cylinder / caliper it is jammed there and then rust will further anchor it there. If the ball is jammed, I have freed them with GENTLE tapping with a very small steel punch tapping off center on the ball while a helper applies pressure to the brake pedal. CAUTION: When it comes loose you have a real mess to clean up!

·
Administrator
4,022 Posts
Yep I agree with Gordon, it's happened to me & I got the little ball bearing loose by gently prying it with a small screwdriver - maybe I was lucky.....

Ciao
Greig

1 - 4 of 4 Posts