Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone interested in a one owner completely all original Berlina in excellent condition? Red with Black, 1968, 1750 with carbs. I am too far gone in Alfetta land to give this car the attention that it deserves. Call me, 775-721-4433, and let's talk. If you ever wanted to create a 100 point Berlina, this is the one!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,506 Posts
Wow, looks great. I've never seen a Berlina with the crossover air cleaner except airbrushed in a factory brochure. Thanks for verifying their existence.

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a pretty stunning car. Not perfect though: the driver seat cushion is unstitched. The top of the rear passenger seat cushion is sun damaged. There are 4 or 5 50 cent piece sized rust bubbles lightly lifting the original paint, one on top of the driver side front fender, and the rest on the ends of the rockers. The paint is shiny but about polished through in spots. That's about it. This car would present about the easiest restoration grade refurbishment that one could, in one's fondest imaginings, ever hope to acquire.

If I had not gone so bonkers over Alfettas, I would not think twice about buying this car.

Love from Berlina Heaven,

·
Premium Member
21,349 Posts
The very early non-US cars used the Giulia-type air setup. I don't know when the change to the log manifold came in, maybe with the switch to hanging pedals in 1970, which took up some of the room on the right where the air cleaner is?

Randy, can you email me re more info? Sell all the Alfettas and buy it yourself; you won't be sorry.

Andrew

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
I don't know how this applies to Berlinas, but my Canadian 69 1750 GTV (Build fall 68) had the crossover air filter and floor mount pedals. A Euro 69 GTV I used to own (July 69 build) had floor mounted pedals and the log type air cleaner.

·
Registered
81 Posts
1968 red Berlina

As soon as I saw the pictures that Randy posted for us, I recognized this had to be the red Berlina that used to drive around our neighborhood over 35 y ears ago. The lush mountain background and the Canadian Tire battery gave the car away. Two red European specification 1968 Berlinas were delivered almost at the same time. (In Canada we received European spec carburated cars until 1971.) The other one was owned by Jack Hawkes, who slalomed it before he sold it to Mel, and then that car disappeared and disintegrated. However, this one has been lovingly cared for by J.S., its original owner. We, the Super and Berlina owners, often discussed how nice it would be to buy this red Berlina while we were trying to keep our tired berlinas running and looking decently. We dared not call J.S. about buying the red Berlina because we knew it was part of their family, and it would have been as rude as asking if their daughter's hand were available. I guess we were a little too shy. Not having seen it for over 15 years, I almost forgot about this red Beauty. However, now is the time for the real Berlinisti to step up and show what they are made of! I do not believe that there can be many other one owner 1968 Berlinas in such original condition hiding in the rest of the world. I am very tempted by this red Beauty. I will have to get it checked out.

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
CN36 is correct of course. It is Jack's car. A great guy! He actually mailed me real photographs! I am going to scan the rest of them and put them up.

If any of you are interested for more details, Jack asks that you call him - his number is (250) 367-7638

Pictures to follow...

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
pictures of berlina

Attachments

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
more pictures

Attachments

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
More and More

Attachments

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
A few more

Attachments

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
done Call Jack!

Attachments

·
Registered
517 Posts
Very nice..... a 68....red....and in great condition....how unique is that....needs a little touch up.....

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Pulled due to seller's remorse - try back next summer.

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
She should be gone over with a fine tooth comb, taking pictures of every detail. As original as they come is my expectation. She should be recorded for posterity.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts