Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I try to read as many post as I can and want to post this to all. There are many of you that are restoring Alfa's to the finest point that you can. That is just wonderful, but there are those out there that, for reason untold, can not meet a 100 point goal. Those are the ones that I want to say, " Just get it back on the road" " Drive it and enjoy" It does not matter if it is perfect, it matters that it is being driven and enjoyed...

·
Registered
11,897 Posts
I think some of us actually enjoy the restoration process ... and maybe a little lost once the car is finished.

Pete

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
if ya cant take it out and drive it there aint much point in owning it IMO...driveing em is where the real fun is.......

admitedly i do love the work involved and will go out of my way to make "more" work for myself....but driveing em is the reward for the effort

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
There are more ways than one to enjoy any nice car.

I have hankered after a really, really good 1750 GTV since I was about 12 years old and after many Alfas, I finally have one.

I dont drive it daily, nor even weekly sometimes and there are times when I could be driving it but I dont because of the weather, or because I have to go somewhere where I fear it will be dented, scratched or leant upon. Fussy? Ridiculous? Perhaps. But I derive a lot of pleasure from seeing the car clean, shiny and looked after. I plan on keeping it for a long time and ofcourse I LOVE driving it but I simply seek to illustrate that there are other ways of enjoying an Alfa Romeo then JUST driving them.

I used to have a terrific, hairy-chested Giulia Super with a 2000 engine and an LSD. I drove the wheels off it, loved it, left it in the rain and next to SUVs that were probably going leave notches in the doors. It served a purpose, just like my 1750. Just different.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts