Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came across these 2 Nardi wheels. I know it is almost impossible to know what car they are from without actually "trying them on", but any ideas would help.

The flat, older wheel is a 400mm, with no date on the back.

The dished wheel is 420mm and it is stamped Nardi 69 on the back. The hub might have been modified at some point.

Any and all feedback is appreciated

Attachments

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Nardi began to sign the wheel after the 1959. The flat seems to me original, the other one a Nardi replica of a '60s model.

·
Premium Member
1,094 Posts
I don't believe they both come from an Alfa, at least a 105 series. The dished one has a strange hub, never seen before. The flat one has a typical mid '50 crown, I can't exclude it comes from a Ferrari or Maserati.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't believe they both come from an Alfa, at least a 105 series. The dished one has a strange hub, never seen before. The flat one has a typical mid '50 crown, I can't exclude it comes from a Ferrari or Maserati.
Thanks, the challenge is figuring out what it comes from, unless I use it as decoration...

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nardi began to sign the wheel after the 1959. The flat seems to me original, the other one a Nardi replica of a '60s model.
Paolo, the dished one has Nardi and the date stamped on the back, exactly as all the original ones I've seen. Of course that can also be replicated, but if feels like an original thin wheel from the 60s with a strange hub...but of course I might be wrong

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
To me from the photos shown they both appear to be correct Nardis. I havn't actually heard of replica Nardis being for sale but of course I could be wrong.

I too have a lighter colour wood rim Nardi like yours Henry and to the best of my knowledge it is an old, original, rather than "new" or replica Nardi.

As to what the hub is from, I tentatively would suggest, who knows and perhaps why worry. If you want to make use of either, surely all you need to do is obtain a new hub and attach it to the wheel of choice. It is what I will do one day re my collection of second hand Nardis and Momos.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As to what the hub is from, I tentatively would suggest, who knows and perhaps why worry. If you want to make use of either, surely all you need to do is obtain a new hub and attach it to the wheel of choice. It is what I will do one day re my collection of second hand Nardis and Momos.
That would be the plan, however the older one has an integrated hub, which could not be removed and would have to be machined to fit a different car.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Paolo, the dished one has Nardi and the date stamped on the back, exactly as all the original ones I've seen. Of course that can also be replicated, but if feels like an original thin wheel from the 60s with a strange hub...but of course I might be wrong
There is a misunderstanding...I meaned Nardi made replicas of his old production as you can see here:STEERING WHEELS
Maybe that wheel is a replica made by Nardi in the '80s/'90s.
I said it because the handle seems to me in plastic and different hubs could be fitted up for different brands.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts