Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are these pistons and liners good for anything? I bought new ones for the motor I am building and just wondering if they are useful to anyone before I make something out of them or throw them in the metal bin. They are out of a 2.L Bosch motor.

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
Are these pistons and liners good for anything? I bought new ones for the motor I am building and just wondering if they are useful to anyone before I make something out of them or throw them in the metal bin. They are out of a 2.L Bosch motor.
Paul Spruell offers to buy liners and other racers may want for boring out over size. Pistons can be made into art??????????????

Ken

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info, Ken. I will keep the liners around until I or someone needs them and I'll turn the pistons into pen holders.........

·
Super Moderator
11,252 Posts
Old used liners have many hot / cold cycles in them which acts to reduce internal stresses from manufacture. They are preferred for honing for oversize as they will have a lower failure rate than new ones. Some of the old ones are of higher quality than a lot of aftermarket liners. A set is always more useful than 3 or 2. Spray on preservative (like a cosmoline) and store in a box where it's dry. The liners are not junk.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you Gordon. I will pack them away. Glad I asked! I was gonna toss 'em......

1 - 5 of 5 Posts