Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Kind of a mundane topic compared to carbs or cams, but I've had some issues with my '79 Alfetta's A/C that are causing the compressor to be on permanently. Nasko believes it's a failing expansion valve, but readily admits he's been out of the a/c repair world for a long time. He recommended Mac's in SE PDX, but it sounds like their diagnostic approach is just to replace until they find the issue.

In another forum, I got a recommendation for Best Auto in NE PDX, but want to have a couple back-up options. Can anyone recommend an old-car friendly a/c repair shop? Vancouver/Camas is preferable, but I realize there are probably more choices in Portland.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I would just google and call around. Portland has some great businesses that still work on old cars, from old gauges to rebuilding hi pressure hoses that are no longer available.

Mac's sucks. I wouldn't even take my radiator to them. Their 'flush' is to run water through it, and then to charge you for it; they no longer boil them out, and like you say, they love to replace things.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts