Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Runs like a champ looks like crap! I fixed this car up for a guy years ago and then bought it from auto auction for less than 25% of what I charged him to fix it.

It is a 1991 164L with failed clear coat on hood, top and trunk lid. Has a green 95 164LS L/F fender from Myron's ( I gave him two 91 fenders when I fixed his fender bender as he has Elma series one H4 Euro headlights now).

Wife says daughter can't drive another 164 after wrecking her 164B. I thought maybe this would be daugher's new used ride.

I gave it a wiper rack and window washer bottle today from Sara's wrecked B. Also replaced bad steppers recently.

It has a 164S rack I want for my car and a new radiator. Still has Eibach front sway bar, cross drilled rotors and Goodrich SS brake hoses.

I already havested the Konis and Eibach springs and rear sway bar and replaced with stock pieces.

Getting ready to take possesion of a black 164S from a friend of mine.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,852 Posts
If you daughter isn't allowed to drive it, why not sell it. It would make someone a great ride. That way you could fix it for the buyer when he wrecks it and buy it again for 25% of what you charged to fix it:)

·
Registered
179 Posts
If I was going to be tempted by a 164 again, it would be this one...

·
Premium Member
27,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Shoot it no way! Part it maybe, sell it, not before I rip out S rack, valeo radiator and eibach front sway bar and replace with stock 164 A/T parts and remove AR 164 roof rack set up.

Make me an offer I can't refuse. This car had 113k speedo now has a 82k speedo from Old Nero as daughter's BF claimed his 125K speedo in QS2 I sold him was so slow he got a speedo ticket, I admit it seemed slow in Old Blue, too so I put in Old Nero's.

If I really like the black S I agreed on from my Fiat bud I may have to have a 164 sale in the future.

Brono6778 I hope you and Joe cut a deal on David's ebay special. He is a good guy don't let him get away and tell him I told him to go for it. I think he wants the camel tan interior for his red guy.

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
i am sure if you gave it a maaco paint job it would be good as new.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Steve

I should have mentioned I have a decent blue left fender for this car if you or the future owner needs it.

Brian

·
Premium Member
27,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Steve

I should have mentioned I have a decent blue left fender for this car if you or the future owner needs it.

Brian
Thanks for that info on fender.

·
Premium Member
27,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
I'm in much the same boat with my old blue.

I reckon it's time to break out the spray gun and see what you can make of it, whole car respray but done on the cheap. After some paint mismatches on my door handles and mirrors, I'm thinking I'll paint the doors with everything fitted, mask off the shiny trim rather than attempt removal.

Winter is over for you folk!

-Alex

·
Registered
573 Posts
That part of her not being allowed to drive another 164 puzzles me.

One day a speeding (about 100 km/h, I was going 50) Audi A6 estate raced past the petrol ZX I was driving. It scraped the wheel arch and broke my left indicator. When the audi was about 50 meters ahead of me the driver swerved to the right, then the left, eventually causing the car to flip on the air and land on it's side. Totalled.

After I rescued the driver, she said "how come a car of this class is like this and yours (old and covered with mud) is fine?". Drivers make the most difference on how safe a car is.

·
Premium Member
27,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
"That part of her not being allowed to drive another 164 puzzles me."

Me, too. However, she is her mother's daughter (and mine). Women look at things differently than us guys. It is an emotional thing with her mom and may pass but I can't go there yet.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts