Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,694 Posts
Love the clover. I sent this to a couple friends.
There's an auto trans Alfetta Berlina on CL in SCZ too, kind of amazing.
Andrew

·
Registered
972 Posts
I was actually going to say this one looked pretty solid in some of the key areas - around the windshield, front wheel wells, and hatch... if I were still in SF and it were solid, it might be a fun parts car - if for nothing else than the headers, what I think are Shankle air intake filters, and fender flares & clover leaves.

·
Premium Member
832 Posts
thanks, Dragline! Now that I can see it, this Alfetta has some very useful bits. The front fender flare/front spoiler is a three-piece fiberglass aftermarket part originally sold by Shankle /Alfa Ricambi. The air filters are Shankle Quadraflow that are a bolt-on replacement for the original Spica airbox. Shankle claimed in his literature that the Quadraflow added 6
hp. The tubular headers are also Shankle, and combined with the Euro 4-into-2 front pipe also increase hp. The clover leaf badges(should be on both sides) were one of the features of the Mille Miglia Special Edition Alfetta coupe, along with a sunroof, rear spoiler,rear wiper,digital clock,electronic antenna, Ronal 14" A-1 phone dial wheels and three Mille Miglia badges.

·
Premium Member
15,865 Posts
Just amazing how some just let these go to rot.

·
Registered
266 Posts
What's the story behind the spoiler on your dad's car? I have seen these very very rarely on the Alfetta's/ GTV6's. Was this a factory (Alfa) option at one point. I really like it and I have one on my GTV6, however I have never been clear if this was alfa's idea or another vendor.

·
Premium Member
559 Posts
The rear wing was part of the US-only Mille Miglia and Velocissima special edition Sprint Veloce (Alfetta) coupes. The Velocissima special edition also added fender flares on all four wheels and an airfoil at the top of the rear hatch (with "velocissima" written in gold cursive lettering).

·
Premium Member
832 Posts
Del: you're right,the Alfa community has ignored the two Alfetta models. Given the big jump in 105/115 series prices, the transaxle Alfas are the last affordable RWD Alfas in the US. There are lots of Alfettas in the US that aren't rustbuckets. They are worth saving.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Thank you, I knew it must have been off a different car, just wasn't sure which. They weren't well made, but look good. I spend several days restoring mine and replacing those mounting tabs so it wont rattle around anymore while driving.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts