Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
it's almost a alfa romeo spider
10,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here it is.. headers to a magnaflow resonator to the rear tip..all straight pipes , even the magnaflow reonator, only has a slight "S" curve in it..you can see thru it!to bloodie loud....and idea's.. rear muffler? muffler between the headers and the resonator?

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
here it is.. headers to a magnaflow resonator to the rear tip..all straight pipes , even the magnaflow reonator, only has a slight "S" curve in it..you can see thru it!to bloodie loud....and idea's.. rear muffler? muffler between the headers and the resonator?
For the street .....Yes

·
Registered
10,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
.....where??? the rear?

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
I did a street muffler for the middle, a 3 1/2" round race muffler for the rear and it's still loud but for me it's not too loud. I'm not running a expansion chamber or cat and my pipe diam is 2.5

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Consider a Cherry Bomb Glass Pack in place of the Magnaflow resonator and wraping the header pipes with glass tape will also help. The tape also will keep the temp inside under the hood lower.

Elio

·
Registered
627 Posts
+1 on glass pack. Is it too loud at all rpm or just a certain range? Nice thing about glass packs, using different lengths can be used to help tune the sound of your exhaust. Like a crossover in a sound system. I started with one in the rear section and it was too loud (unpleasant noise) at certain rpm range for me. Added a second of a different length tucked in where the original middle muffler was. Nice change, mellowed out the harsh tone. Loud when I really want to stomp on it. Cruising, great mellow tone and not loud. Actual performance advantage or disadvantage, not noticeable. Benefit to my ears, incredible. Ability to set off other peoples car alarms when driving down the street or in parking structures, 100% at a time of my choosing. Ability to get the attention of the idiot texting/talking on the phone in the lane next to me, better than the horn. Making it unpleasant/hard for them talking on their phone & saving my car from being crushed, by their inability to know they should concentrate on driving, really helps but, depends on how stupid they are.

·
Registered
10,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
what about 2 magnaflow resonater? one in front of the rear axle, and 1 in the rear of the car?

·
Registered
10,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
what??? can't hear you... could you scream a bit louder?:):).............thanks. i have a extrea magnaflow..

·
Registered
10,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
..just wondering... how come no one said...LOUD PIPES SAVE LIFES?

·
Registered
10,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
shadowburn...me and a couple freinds, love your last post..busting up laughing here...:):)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts