Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got the new dual circuit MC from CL in the car ('69) and two new boosters. Done careful bleeding. Pedal is hard, but will slowly sink with heavy foot pressure. By heavy, I mean maybe 50 LBs or more of pressure on the pedal. Although it feels hard when that pressure is first applied, it will sink to the floor in, maybe, 10 sec. or so.
I have been over all the connections looking for a leak, but I can find nothing.

Will a new MC do this, or is something wrong ?

Cheers,

Jeff

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
somethings wrong

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was afraid of that :(

I'm guessing there is leak somewhere that is small enough that I just can't find it.
I've even gone so far as to wrap the brake line connections around the car in small pieces of those blue shop paper towels so that any liquid will show easily as dark spots. Nothing.

:confused::confused:

Jeff

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Hopefully the dual MC guys will chime in--somethings wrong if the pedal goes to the floor under constant pressure--are you losing fluid? Does it act any different when the engine is running and supplying vacumn?

·
Premium Member
1,209 Posts
I doubt you have a leak. You either have air in the system or a seal in one of your new components (could be the master or a booster) is allowing fluid to pass. Try rebleeding, sometimes it helps to have the front of the car higher than the rear.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks to all for the replys.

With some advice from Papajam, I am starting to track it down. it looks like it is not the master. I'll update this thread when I get further on this.

Cheers

Jeff

1 - 6 of 6 Posts