Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 20 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

Over the past year I have been working on getting oil vapor separators made up from the original specs. I am proud to say that it has finally been done.

They will be made of rust-proof stainless (as opposed to the steel ones that far-too-commonly rusted out), and painted black like the original separators. They're priced at $150 a piece as of now.

Send me an email at [email protected] if you're interested or want pictures or any further information.

EDIT: YOU CAN NOW ORDER ONLINE AT THE WEBSITE MY SON CREATED HERE: https://sites.google.com/site/alfaromeoovs/

*** I don't check the board very frequently, so if you're interested in one, please order through the website, by emailing my son at the above email, or by sending him a PM (loosemoose17). THANKS!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here are some pictures of the straight bottom pipe style separators. Until the beginning of September this is the only one we have in stock. Once the new shipment arrives we will have the L pipe bottomed style for Spiders available and I will post pictures of that one as well once it gets here.

Attachments

·
Administrator
18,292 Posts
Looks great! This will help keep many Alfas 'on the road'.

Can you tell us anything about the innards? I assume the originals had some sort of cyclonic separation effect and a mesh filter-y material.

·
Registered
507 Posts
FYI: As of now the estimated delivery date is looking like mid September. I found out today that they are on a ship here, and it will be about three weeks before they arrive.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Re

I'm tempted... but I wish it had a screw off top and I wish it was aluminum. It does look great though.
Wellll, it was made in the image of the original, so screw off tops were not an option (although it is a good idea looking back on it).

Stainless was significantly cheaper for whatever reason so that's why they're not aluminum.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Tony, I will add you to the list of people to alert when they arrive. They are being air freighted here and should be here soon (hopefully).

Thanks for the interest,
Matt

·
Registered
103 Posts
Matt ...

I only wish that I had thought of doing what you did (and your father). My guess is that you will sell hundreds if not thousands, both domesticaly and internationally.
Well done.

bruce

·
Registered
99 Posts
I need one for my Spider. Please add me to the list.

Steve

·
Registered
507 Posts
Guys,
These look fantastic. Please keep my brother Marc and I posted as to pricing and availability.
Excellent work!
Pete
You shall be added to the list. Pricing is $160 a piece plus shipping, and a shipment of the straight bottomed ones (like what you see in the picture) should arrive via air freight later this week.

I'll keep you posted,
Matt

·
Registered
507 Posts
They have finally arrived! As of now I have a box of about 30 of the standard, straight-bottomed model ready for shipment. The cost is $150 a piece plus shipping and will ship out right away. Email me if you're interested at [email protected].

Thanks everyone!
-Matt

1 - 20 of 147 Posts