Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ideally something that has been one of the reman SS ones that someone still has in their stash and changed direction..

All comers considered... Mine is so rusty inside it pinholed the TOP..

My app is a '73 spider with straight down funnel bottom. Used ones are ALL rusty inside .. that is a given. so if you have something that doesn't look like a Mr. Goodbar around the big port .. it has potential..

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
I lucked into an SS one a few years back but recall my original didn't look god awful lemme pull it...

·
Registered
254 Posts
The tuner community has a lot of good ones pick a good one that fits in the engine compartment. These are much better than stock. This is a Stainless one I was running in a 2L.Clear hose so you know what's going on.
. IMG_6346.jpg

·
Registered
364 Posts
I'm sure you know to find a decent OEM one is going difficult, Even if the container is to not rusted, the interior brass collecting surface will be eaten up. Amazon has some, several under $50. Just FYI. Good Luck!!

·
Registered
7,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i found it! it looks a little rusty too. If you want $15.00 and I will Flat Rate Box it to you as long as you are in the range of that shipping.
View attachment 1630001 Bracket included!
How can I refuse.. It looks like it has been patched but what the hell..Paypal .RLesn at Comcast dot net .. Zip is 02648.. Stay tuned I have a report I'll post on the spider forum on how clogged my return line was and How I got it cleared without the hassle of replacing the line which looked like a real frigging PINA.

·
Registered
364 Posts
There's certainly a reason to stay original... But the OVS is suspect!!!
Consider these two threads...
When I put the trany back in I'll put a big clear plastic fuel filter on the return line of the OVS, just to see how much crap comes out post ultrasonic cleaning!!
Just FYI
Good Luck

·
Registered
7,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Taken advisement..appreciate your concerns.. I know more about OVS's now in the last three days than I knew in 30 years and thanks to the BB.contributors. ALL OVS's untouched this long are suspect. I do know that when I get done with this project it will be a better result than when I found it and it won't be left to it's vices for the next 47 years untouched. I accept that and my engine isn't going to blow up so everything will be fine...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts