Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have reviewed the info here but it is not very current. Any newer fixes for my 74’s rusted out OVS? Or maybe a detailed pic, drawing of the inside.

DanH

·
Premium Member
21,374 Posts
I bet APE has good used ones. Or folks cut the top off, clean out, weld top back on.
Andrew

·
Registered
855 Posts
You can always buy a new that won't rust.

I bought one from Centerline and haven't used as I switched over to carbs. Long story.

Quality looks good and very lightweight.

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
The centerline ones are plastic and shouldnt gave the corrosion issues. Used one are probably not much better than the 1 that is being replaced. Good luck

·
Premium Member
21,374 Posts
It's easy to blow through one end, see if they're clear. I just got a 78 Spider, figured it'd be a mess but it was clear enough.
Andrew

·
Registered
39 Posts
From my experience, the original will last almost forever on a well serviced engine, as blow-by is minimal and free of water vapor if the engine is fresh. On the other hand, a blown engine or head gasket and/or heavy blow-by will dump a lot of water/oil vapor (sludge) into it. This is what kills them.

The 3D printed "plastic" one sold by Centerline cannot be opened and cleaned properly in this case either, and it's very expensive for what it is. In my opinion, it should have been designed with provision for cleaning.

If I didn't have good original ones already on my cars, I would not buy the one from Centerline. I would buy this one (below), and keep a stock alfa one to put on for looks only if/when needed. Very easy to change out.

https://www.amazon.com/Aramox-Universal-Separator-Ventilation-3931030955/dp/B07N2WF9H9

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, I will try the Aramox. I'll let you know how it works in a few hundred miles...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts