Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I take it the inside can be cleaned. I've seen on faq a disaster canister of sorts, that depicts the owner " prying " the lid off the thing. Is that a sealed lid and not removable unless you're curious and are going to replace?

Attachments

·
Administrator
16,997 Posts
Correct, it is not disassemble-able. If the canister itself is in serviceable shape (I've seen them with rusted through holes!), soak it in solvent, rinse & repeat until all congealed gunk is removed and put it back to work. Also make sure the drain hose is clear then add some fresh clean oil there. That acts as a one-way valve for the drain hose.

Clean the OVS every year or two to avoid having it get clogged up again.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lastly, ghnl. I'm changing plugs, know it's a simple task, but haven't done on the Veloce. The plug wires just pull off like other cars I've had. These aren't budging. Don't want to mess up cause cant afford it. Thx

·
Administrator
16,997 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks ghnl, in the interim, I kinda "went for it" . I have a tendency to be over cautious to a fault. All went well with the plugs. Even wear on the old ones. Gapped my new ones to .70 mm. Fired noticeably better. I do have one last question regarding an o- ring on the air intake. I asked and showed a pic couple of weeks ago and will refresh tomorrow. Appreciate the help. Is there an inbox I can send some fine California wine and some prosciutto for moderator assistance. Serious. The help helps.

·
Administrator
16,997 Posts
Haha. I am just giving back - the AlfaBB helped me tremendously when I bought our Spider. It was a near 'basket case' as the PO had removed all the L-jet parts and modified a replacement engine. Fortunately he saved all the parts and the original engine. I just had to figure out the puzzle to get it all back together.

My suggestion is to do the same - hang around and share your Alfa owning experiences, help make the new guys & gals feel welcome and when someone gets stuck you just might be the guy who can offer a BTDT to help them out.

·
Premium Member
4,761 Posts
innards

couple years ago I cut the top off an OVS and here are a few pics. Made it so I could take it apart and clean if needed. I dont know how to kink to the thread I made but if you search, you'll find it. FWIW I posted under the 164 area. The diagram is supposedly hanging in a fellow BBr's potty room!! ciao jc

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts