Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,999 Posts
John I have some, just send me $10.00 for a small flat rate box and they are yours. And your address of course. I have other engine bits if you need also.

·
Premium Member
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Fred, I do need some nuts and bolts for the gearbox casing and I am looking for a nice Euro carb manifold.
Thanks,
John

·
Super Moderator
11,434 Posts
Yes and no. Early were 14mm hex, later 13mm. The 14 with an 8mm bow washer underneath had a bit better clamping power than the 13. Both were soft, 8.8, not hard. Allen cap screws with the built in big base washer are good if you can find soft ones, but then the Allen can be too soft to tighten. Originals were soft to allow for pump flange adjustment (slight rotation) to avoid the pump upper body being distorted and causing binding when installed in the front cover pump / distributor bore. Also soft because often the upper cast surface of the pump triangular mounting boss was not always 100% parallel with the machined bottom surface.

·
Registered
380 Posts
@Gordon Raymond , yes indeed it is important to properly index the pump before final tightening to properly mate the pump drive gear against the harder timing chain sprocket. I install the three pump bolts finger tight, then rotate the engine a few revolutions before tightening them to spec.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts