Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of a "common" oil pressure sending unit that interchanges? I'm going to look at a car and they said the pressure gauge is "IN-OP".

Any other field testing methods ?

·
Super Moderator
10,813 Posts
101 Giulias used mechanical oil pressure gauges, so the car wouldn't have a sending unit.

The gauges themselves are pretty reliable. However, the flex hose from the engine tends to break - they become brittle after exposure to heat from the exhaust manifold. So if the oil pressure gauge isn't working, check first if the feed line has just been blocked off.

·
Premium Member
14,258 Posts
I suppose that the 1600 could be a Spider junior or GT junior in which case it might have an electrical oil pressure gauge.

I contributed to an active thread concerning use of a modern Bosch sender with an older Alfa gauge.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good point and it could also be at the gauge it self.

Anyone know what size the fitting is from the block. I've got some old SW gauges from my Hot Rod.

Thanks

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I suppose that the 1600 could be a Spider junior or GT junior in which case it might have an electrical oil pressure gauge.

I contributed to an active thread concerning use of a modern Bosch sender with an older Alfa gauge.
You have a link to that thread ?

·
Super Moderator
10,813 Posts
Yea, I thought of that too. But Somer posted this in the "Giulietta & Giulia (1954-65)" section, so I assume that's what he has.

Nonetheless, some more information would have been useful; stuff like clarifying the year/model of Alfa, whether it's a Jaeger or Veglia gauge, how the gauge does behave, ....

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It is a 63 Giulia Sprint with a 1600 . That's why I posted it here. I haven't seen it yet,so as to exact gauge, I'm not sure.

·
Premium Member
14,258 Posts
Yea, I thought of that too. But Somer posted this in the "Giulietta & Giulia (1954-65)" section, so I assume that's what he has.
My Bad. I just read new posts and don' tpay enough attention to the forum.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts