Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Oil Pressure Line

2K views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  Gordon Raymond 
#1 ·
Can anybody tell me where the oil pressure line goes on a 1600 block/engine?

There is a threaded port on the 1300 blocks located near the flywheel end of the block on what I assume is the internal oil galley, but I cant find same on the 1600 block. Where does the oil pressure line for the oil pressure gauge pick up the oil on the block? Pics would be terrific.

John Viereg

#2 ·
Depends on what type 1600 you have. A 101 1600 has the take off for the oil pressure in the same place as a 750/101 1300. A 105 1600 has the fitting on the intake side at the rear, not too far down from the top of the block.
The is the same location as a 1750 and 2000.

#3 ·
Thanks for the reply. It looks like I have a 105 block, but I noticed that there is a boss available for drilling and taping almost directly accross, but on the other side of the block from the one you described, is this possible? I would like to use this port as it is more convenient. Your thoughts?

#4 ·
Unless you plan on completely disassembling the engine, I would not drill another hole. I think Centerline sells an oil line specifically for installing 105 1600/1750/2000 engines into a 750/101. I have a 1750 in a 750 and use the 1750 oil hole. Special oil line. I prefer the intake side location to keep the oil line away from the exhaust.

#5 ·
I intend to completely rebuild a 1600 engine to put in my early 750 series, but that was my plan. That is what I will do then, is to use the part from Centerline. Your tip saved me an unbelievable amount of headaches,time and trouble. And what you said about the proximity to the exhaust just makes more sense. thanks again for your wisdom/experience.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.