Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I am new to this forum and hoping to glean some information and “Alfa-ness” from the folks here. After my late husband’s accident, he has many fun cars in his possession, but none so loved as this GTV. I decided to hold onto it for when our daughters grow up- and do try to take it out for a gallop or two when I am able to squeeze a bit of precious time for myself. On the other hand, I have been going through his various Alfa car parts and have come across one which has me a bit stumped- as I am not thinking it is for the GTV. Would someone here recognize and be able to identify for me? Is it aftermarket? The white plastic back with “product of Malaysia” doesn’t seem right- yet the front looks original authentic Alfa? Thank you in advance for any info you can provide, April.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
April,

Welcome to the forum and sorry about your loss.

You chose a winner keeping the GTV. Let it warm up slowly before doing any spirited driving.

The gauge front and trim ring are correct for a GTV but not the rest of it as you suspected. Someone went to a lot of trouble to repair/replace a presumably defective gauge. They're not terribly expensive nor hard to find.

Interestingly enough, I came very close to purchasing a 69 GTV from an April in 1977. Looked great but didn't run well. One of those cars I shoulda coulda woulda purchased had I known better.

Chuck

·
Premium Member
13,154 Posts
The gauge looks like it is for a Spider.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the responses! My GTV is a ‘69 too, Chuck. It was imported from Canada, having originally been in Holland. A little buzzaroo! It is interesting that someone went to the trouble of rebuilding a gauge that is so readily available...my father in law has also owned several Alfa’s including a Spider- so am now wondering if this came from some extra Alfa stuff he had given my husband. Thanks again for the info, gents.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts