Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My oil pressure gauge fogs up. I am not driving this car yet but it is running. When I let it idle for 15 minutes or so the gauge fogs. Don't know if it clears up when driven but it always clears up in a few hours. This car was garaged for 17 years in south Texas and I find it hard to belive there is any moisture in the gauge but there must be. Anyone ever heard of such a thing. Should I be woried? '71 1750

·
Super Moderator
10,168 Posts
Gauges fogging up

Nah, they all do that. The gauges are FAR from hermeticly sealed - the illumination bulb socket certainly leaks air, and even the crimped over bezel isn't airtight - so when it's humid outside, it's humid inside the gauge, regardless of how long your car spent in Texas.

Just one of the charms of owning an older car.

·
Registered
9,977 Posts
Check under the carpet/rubber mats for moisture. Fogged up gauges should only be a problem in humid weather.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Yes, mine does the same thing, and I really believe it is directly connected to the air's humidity level. Still, not a bad idea to check the heater and it's related items (hoses, clamps, valve, etc) that are directly behind the gauges.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts