Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be receiving a used oil pan guard in the next week or so to add to my 1990 Graduate. Does anyone have any photos of how this is supposed to mount and with what size bolts? I'd like to add it just as it would have been done from the factory if possible.

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
Following some work, I took pics of my car's undercarriage a couple of weeks ago, and although these were not meant to illustrate the installation of the oil pan guard, it will give you some idea.

Undercarriage Sep 5 2007 007 (compressed).jpg

Undercarriage Sep 5 2007 018 (compressed).jpg

Undercarriage Sep 5 2007 006 (compressed).jpg

Best regards,

·
1966-2013
13,741 Posts
The front mount points are actually the rear ARB bushing tab/yoke/whatever bolts.

The rear holes are bore-your-own in the front lip of the crossmember. (holes in the guard will let you know how big the bolts need/can be for that. Get a good strong grade too, preferably with eurothane lock nuts at the crossmember)

When you're at it, make sure the car is up level front to back and left to right, then get all the bolts and nuts started before tightening any of them.

Once it's all tightened down, it will have a small amount of stiffener effect on the front end, so you might not want to go out and get all crazy before you feel it out a bit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts