Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
1992 spider S4
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it 12 mm or 13mm allen key? I can't tell...my eyes are reall bad.

·
Registered
9,397 Posts
12mm I would say, as are the 105's
Don't forget to put a new copper washer back when you refix it and do not overtighten. A short strong pull is fine on a new seal. You do not want to pull out the soft alloy threads with the steel threaded plug!

·
1992 spider S4
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so I need a new copper washer each time I do the oil? I guess that should be easy to find. thanks for the info

·
Registered
9,397 Posts
I always use a new washer - some mechanics reuse it over and over. Over time it compresses and gets too hard and scored and then they have to tighten the sump-plug more and more to stop it leaking, so much so, they end up destroying the threads! (and they usually blame that on you saying the threads were knackered when you brought it in etc etc!!)

why bother skinping on a few cents:)

·
1992 spider S4
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
should that be something I can get at autoparts store? or do I have to get them at a Alfa source..

·
Registered
9,397 Posts
I'm in Germany, and most automotive stores here will have it (bring in the old one for comparison)

I think Pep Boys, Kragen or Nappa will stock similar in your part of the woods!

Otherwise IAP, item 32243 for 80 cents springs to mind (buy a few!)

·
1992 spider S4
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks, I am looking for the allen key, to remove the plug, so I ordered one, and will take the old one for comparison

·
Premium Member
3,815 Posts
should that be something I can get at autoparts store? or do I have to get them at a Alfa source..
I get mine from the local auto parts store, 22mm or 7/8 should work.

Vin

1 - 8 of 8 Posts