Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Supporting Vendor
4,527 Posts
OK guys, here's a little preview of an oil filter study Rex Chalmers is doing on the major filters available for Alfas. In case you were wondering just how bad FRAM filters are, you can plainly see the cheap cardboard and the relative lack of filter material.

Personally, I have for years used OEM filters but they kept getting smaller. The last 10-pack I purchased contained small, black filters with FIAT, Lancia, and Alfa logos on them, which I took to indicate it's now a universal filter.

I have since been very happy with the Baldwin brand filters sold by Centerline.

Attachments

· Supporting Vendor
4,527 Posts
Simon,

You were just a victim of FRAM's clever marketing to Alfa owners. By imitating the traditional "Alfa Parts Orange" they prey on our conditioned response to that color:)

· Supporting Vendor
4,527 Posts
The internal construction of the Mobil 1 filter is indeed impressive. But, at $11.95 per filter, it had better be.

The Baldwin (Centerline) and Clean (International Auto Parts) were as well constructed at half the price.

· Supporting Vendor
4,527 Posts
No. from what I understand the main reason to convert from cartridge to spin-on style filter is convenience, not that the spin-on filters are better.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.