Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I am from the 1900/2000 2600 forum and I am looking for an oil label which I cant find - I think this same label is used on these cars as well.

i am looking for either a good picture or a place to buy one. I need to see what the print says.

Thanks Doug

Attachments

·
Registered
408 Posts
Doug,

Check with fellow BB member Bill Gilham, he produces almost all the various decals used by Alfa. His handle is Hooligan.

·
Premium Member
554 Posts
Tom,
The gray canister is a New Old Stock one that Claus has. I think the velvety finish is actually the synthetic enamel chalking after 50 years in a nasty cardboard box. Most of the NOS one I have seen are shinier gray.

I suppose if you really want that effect, you could have your automotive paint jobber mix the gray with an excess of flattening powder.
Ciao,
Bill Gillham
Jefferson Oregon

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks to Bill, I am very close on my 2000 Touring oil label. I marked the uncertain regions in red. If anyone knows what may go there, please respond. Sure the S in FISPA i funny - I will fix that.

Thanks again Bill!

Doug

Attachments

·
Registered
187 Posts
When I purchased my Sprint Veloce 1960 the engine was in boxes and the oil filter was missing, I found another one but the color is bronze and not grey. Am I the only one with a bronze colored oil filter?
Frans

20150813_165616w.jpg

1 - 9 of 9 Posts