Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Posting picture of both 6080822 oil fed and 60584421 mechnical tensioner as well as SKF 633254 or FAG 536392 A.B bearing used on 12v oil fed tensioner and 24v engine.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
And the debate will continue, which is the best tensioner? My mechanical tensioner s have been great for me, but others disagree on that topic.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Posting picture of both 6080822 oil fed and 60584421 mechnical tensioner as well as SKF 633254 bearing used on 12v oil fed tensioner and 24v engine.
So, that's a brand-new oil fed tensioner... you are teasing us with pictures of new, unavailable parts? :p

I wonder just how many spare parts you have - I think the dollar value would exceed my car's by many times!

Sometime I should get around to checking availability of that SKF bearing here; thanks for the number.

-Alex

·
Registered
66 Posts
Alex I'm not sure you'd want to buy the complete oil fed tensioner as shown in Steve's photo ($$$ as you say), but the bearing assembly complete with the bracket the hydraulic piston acts on and eccentric centre is available in NZ and is usually all that needs replacing. If the hydraulic assembly is leaking oil you can put new seals in - much cheaper. Part numbers I have are:

00605-64529 tensioner bearing assembly NZ$333.50 + GST
00607-77065 tensioner seal kit NZ$79.20 + GST

I recently had to replace the bearing assembly in my 164 (with only 12k miles on the part) after the folded metal tab (not quite visible in the photo) that the hydraulic piston pushes on broke right off. Very annoying, and potentially very nasty, as it resulted in virtually no tension on the belt. Fortunately it made a fairly noticable clattering noise which prompted me to investigate immediately.

If you can locate a source in NZ for the bearing alone that would be helpful. Not sure how you'd go about pressing the old one out and the new one in, but I'm sure it could be done. Would be easier on old style unit as the bracket bolts on, but later one as shown in photo is soldered or brazed on in some way so not removable.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Alex I'm not sure you'd want to buy the complete oil fed tensioner as shown in Steve's photo ($$$ as you say), but the bearing assembly complete with the bracket the hydraulic piston acts on and eccentric centre is available in NZ and is usually all that needs replacing. If the hydraulic assembly is leaking oil you can put new seals in - much cheaper. Part numbers I have are:

00605-64529 tensioner bearing assembly NZ$333.50 + GST
00607-77065 tensioner seal kit NZ$79.20 + GST
Thanks for the NZ-info Damon! ;)

The tensioner seal kit, I bought in Australia for about that price, but the other price... <cough, sob>, umm, no, I'm going to hit up the bearing shops first (since it would be a preventative-maintenance replacement, no apparent problem with the one I've got!)

Cheers,
-Alex

·
Premium Member
27,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So, that's a brand-new oil fed tensioner... you are teasing us with pictures of new, unavailable parts? :p

I wonder just how many spare parts you have - I think the dollar value would exceed my car's by many times!

Sometime I should get around to checking availability of that SKF bearing here; thanks for the number.

-Alex
Also another number for just bearing is a FAG 536392 A.B

Ebay is a great source to buy NOS OEM Alfa parts and sometimes you can get something like new oil fed tensioner for a song when nobody seems to know what it is or value. Part number I have came off box and may not be current number.

Again I say you can't have to many spare parts so always be watchful for bargain listings.

·
Premium Member
27,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thanks for the NZ-info Damon! ;)

The tensioner seal kit, I bought in Australia for about that price, but the other price... <cough, sob>, umm, no, I'm going to hit up the bearing shops first (since it would be a preventative-maintenance replacement, no apparent problem with the one I've got!)

Cheers,
-Alex
60564529 bearing and pivot listed for Fiat Croma 2.5L V6 and Lancia SD Thema 3.0L engine but same as used on Alfa just not shown in Alfa pictures as a seperate item.

SKF or FAG number just bearing so you have to press pivot out of old bearing and press into new bearing but should be cheaper way to go.

IAP number is 02754 and listed in newest catalog as $82.25. Listed by IAP for 24v tensioner online and for GTV6/Milano in catalog but same bearing for 12v oil fed tensioners and 24v. SKF bearing shown in picture but I got a FAG one from them last time. http://www.international-auto.com/index.cfm?fa=p&pid=2508&posid=861417&noapp=1

1 - 7 of 7 Posts